Addicted to Rippin Raps

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Spent 6 hours ripping one. Finally switched to a jigging rap after spooking the 3 fish that came in for a look and finally got bit. I think I will leave them in my boat next winter.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

The Rippin Rap will catch anything! lol Thanks to Ice Asylum I have my own little addiction to using them but not in the way most would whistling

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

finally caught my first fish on a rippin rap. leading up to it was pretty funny cause my buddy was giving me a hard time about how he thinks these lures don’t catch anything and hes never seen anyone catch a fish on one. We were having a good laugh about it and I had the same sentiments but said I was dedicated to making a go of it. Full Disclosure im about 4 sheets to the wind in this picture

Attachments:
    1. Ripping-Rap.jpg

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I don’t think that counts crappie. Looks like that little guy was sleeping peacfully on the bottom and you ripped it into his chin.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

finally caught my first fish on a rippin rap. leading up to it was pretty funny cause my buddy was giving me a hard time about how he thinks these lures don’t catch anything and hes never seen anyone catch a fish on one. We were having a good laugh about it and I had the same sentiments but said I was dedicated to making a go of it. Full Disclosure im about 4 sheets to the wind in this picture

LOL Crappie I’d say this guy out does yours and it’s choking on a #4 Rippin Rap.

Attachments:
    1. 9672619A-650A-4D0D-B54D-1F54C8542FAC.jpeg

Ryan Templeton

LOL! That pig is one 4 the books!

tim hurley

Wow your friend totally gave you good luck!

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Rippin Raps work great. Caught this 24″ on one today. Thanks to James for showing us how to use them.

Attachments:
    1. 20180120_112337.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

This guy put about a 8-1/2 to 9# eye top side today. 28″ and super fat. Lucky turd jester

Congrats Mike on a nice eye. Had a great afternoon!

Attachments:
    1. 20180120_164316.jpg

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

I have a few, and I’ve had pretty decent success on Petenwell and Castle Rock. I typically give it an 18” rip followed by a series of 2-3 pops, rinse and repeat until I mark a fish. Once I mark a fish, I slow it way down and rock the bait – I can usually tell within a few seconds if a fish is going to commit. It’s a blast watching how fired up fish get with these baits!

Attachments:
    1. 5FDA5F7E-136A-44EB-920E-28DD2E538ACA.jpeg

2. FA18E078-5332-43F1-AA4A-6DC9BF240558.jpeg

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Mike is the reason I’ll always try Rippin raps on big walleye waters first! But Randys right lol lucky ????

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Mike is the reason I’ll always try Rippin raps on big walleye waters first! But Randys right lol lucky turd!

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

Ok so anyone that has a hard time believing in the rippin rap can take my word for it as it just takes practice learning how to jiggle it just right lol I even have video proof the big girls like them! jester

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Sure I could be the worlds greatest trailer builder and not get the recognition for it. But am fortunate enough to stick a nice fish before a wonderful friend and top of the line outdoorsman does and I get the title of “turd”. Thanks for a great day Randy rotflol

Ow by the way to stay on topic this girl chased down a #4 glow perch Rippin Rap and made #3 between 27 & 28” this season.

Attachments:
    1. E80A0E3F-1AFF-4750-B07B-C49931D0D6D8.png

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Isn’t jealousy the ultimate compliment? I was too busy digging an orange rap out of 12″ eye

404 ERROR
    MN

The rippin rap did it for me this past weekend on URL. A good 50% of the fish came on them, mainly Pink UV and Blue Chrome.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

The rippin rap did it for me this past weekend on URL. A good 50% of the fish came on them, mainly Pink UV and Blue Chrome.

Just curious what did the other 50% get caught on?

404 ERROR
    MN

Just curious what did the other 50% get caught on?

Of the 50% of fish not on a rippin rap, it was probably another split between spoons and bobbers. Spoons were mostly JR’s Pink Buckshot and the new Tundra Firefly.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I bet they work great on big lakes like UPRL. Those eyes will hit anything up there. The pressured smaller lakes, no way. Maybe if you are on a smaller pressured lake at dusk, away from shantyville, you have a chance….maybe? I have yet to try the new snack size rap, those I could see working on the lakes I fish. Nice fish guys!

Hartley

I usually tip mine too.

Attachments:
    1. GBrippnrap.jpg

FishyFingers

OK…I’m on board! Nailed them today on a #3 clown. Crappies that is. Looking to build my assortment up now!

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

I’ve got a lake back be hind my house in the woods at the DNR are used for a rearing pond it’s full of 8 to 10 inch perch. Makes it easier to gets your Cadence down on what the fish likes, Thats where I go to test new lures. The Ripping rap is one of my favorites

rickrichard

Going to LOTW for the first time Feb 9-11 should I think about picking up a couple of these? I have heard nothing but good things. I was probably going to try these and the VMC rattle spoons, any recommendations for color?

404 ERROR
    MN

Going to LOTW for the first time Feb 9-11 should I think about picking up a couple of these? I have heard nothing but good things. I was probably going to try these and the VMC rattle spoons, any recommendations for color?

Yes! I would for sure have a few on hand. For colors, Red, Pink, Gold and sometimes green for LOTW. I have had VERY good luck with the Pink UV and Glow Goldfish Tumbler spoons up there.

Branden Doyle

I got uv green, uv pink and the uv orange this year and they don’t glow. At all anyone notice that?

Ryan Wilson

They aren’t suppose to glow. UV means they reflect more UV light from the sun. Put it under a black light (UV light) and that is pretty much what the fish see. A more fluorescent offering. Think of it like a nice bright fluorescent tip on the end of a noodle rod. We can see that much much better than a plain tip. Same goes for fish and UV lures.

olas88

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/rqggfBGXXn0?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ gesture=”media” allow=”encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>
    Love this bait for carappie. I’ve been tipping the rear treble hook with a waxie.

Sorry to bump the old thread, but I see James using that split grip rod in a lot of videos and it is not the Commander he is normally using? Is that a 36 Precision?

Viewing 28 posts - 61 through 88 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.