Cheq Bay

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

It’s great to see a new Cheq Bay forum here, should be a great Fall this year. see you up there. Jack.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Jack, the fish are moving into their fall haunts slowly but surely. I expect the bite to really take off with the next cooldown. Keep posted here and in the report section. Good Luck
    Chris Beeksma

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

How’s the ice coming along? Kinda early I’m guessing but I have the itch!!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Sgt. Rock:

I got to believe that they are starting to make their way on to the ice up there. Doubt there is any mechanical travel though. I am looking forward to a trip up there myself.

Mark

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

There is between 4 and 8 inches of ice on the bay. Fishing has been taking place off the “S” curve between Ashland and Washburn where mostly splake and browns have been caught. Fishing has been ok also off the Ashland marina for a mixed bag of walleyes, trout and salmon. Perch fishing is taking place off of second landing east of Ashland. Fishermen are using snowmobiles and 4 wheelers inside of Houghton point. There was open water from Houghton point north as of 12/23. I will be home fishing the bay this weekend and will place a new report. Good luck and be safe.
    Chris Beeksma

joekrz
    Merrill, WI

Chris,

What patterns have been working for you and what depths have you been fishing. I am planning a trip up there this weekend.

Joe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.