205 Rod Locker

• Dave Mulder

Has anyone attempted to pull the rod tubes out of the center rod locker by chance? Am a little curious of how things look under there. I prefer the coffin style lockers myself. TIA Dave

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Does the divider wall the tubes go thru provide any support for the floor? Thats the only thing that would concern me.

Jason

On a 205 competitor sport the tubes are curved up at the front with no support panel up front. At the front wall of the battery compartment there is a support panel that probably needs to stay intact. Without the tubes your probally going to loose 12÷” of available rod length space when the rods get hung up on the hull slope.

gregl2017

I looked at this when I was rigging my boat 205 Tiller. I’d prefer to not have the tubes but they are better than the single rod tubes for sure.

Don’t quote me but if you pulled the tubes and bent a piece of aluminum to fit and rivet in place. You should get the same usable space.

This is my plan eventually, though I’m taking a break from boat mods for awhile since I completed a full console rebuild and wiring last winter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.