2024 NFL Offseason

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

I didn’t love the Jacobs signing at first glance for the money, but then when you look deeper it’s only the 10th highest cap hit in the league for a RB next season, and only $12.5 million of the $48 million is actually guaranteed in the next 4 years…he’s effectively on a year-to-year basis with the possiblity of being cut. It’s far from backing up the Brinks truck with guaranteed money the way some think. If I’m Jacobs, I wouldn’t necessarily buy multiple properties in GB. I’ll set the over/under at 2.5 seasons in GB for him…mainly pending his health.

I generally agree, and would bet the over on the O/U, as his contract is basically designed as a 3 year deal. But where I disagree slightly is, they are paying him $14M this year, but only taking a $5M cap hit this year, which all but ensures he is on the squad next year or they eat a $9M cap hit. Then once on next years team he’s got a $6M roster bonus guarantee, which puts year 3 on the very likely column, or they carry a $6M cap hit to spread or eat.

And again, Aaron Jones signed for 1 year $7M here, not a good look for Gutey! And tbh I think Jones is the far superior back when both healthy, and Jones was the straw that stirred the drink last year for the Pack.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I see Diggs was traded by Buffalo. That guy must be a real Cancer in the lockerroom. All the bills got for him was a 2025 2nd round pick, a 2024 6th round, and a 2005 5th round. That sure doesnt seem like much for a receiver who has had 6 straight 1000+ seasons in a row.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

No kidding. That’s a terrible trade if you’re Buffalo. Tells you how much he is not liked by the Bills.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I agree – he has to be a headcase.

The compensation seems about right though, or maybe even a bit rich. Diggs will turn 31 during the season. In a hard capped league a 2nd round pick is huge. Keenan Allen will be 32 when the season starts. He has comparable stats to Diggs (slightly more yards and receptions, 8 less TDs over his career), and doesn’t seem nearly as dramatic as Diggs. He was traded for a single 4th round pick.

I’d fade CJ Stroud this year in Houston. Having a guy like that can often do more harm than good. Tank Dell, Nico Collins, Dalton Schultz, Joe Mixon was already a nice core. IF Diggs can not ruin a good thing, they have a dynamic group of skill players, but I’m going to bet he causes issues by about Thanksgiving.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Agreed Bucky, but I’d fade Diggs late in the season or subsequent years, he will play nice right away and until things aren’t working out in HIS favor, even if the team is doing well. And I don’t know that I like this for Houston for the exact reason you mention, you have good young players, why potentially spoil the bunch?!? Diggs needs to go to KC or Cincy, somewhere with an alpha HOF QB who will make him fall in line.

blank

Actually seems like a great trade by the Bills, and more terrible for the Texans. As bucky mentioned, Keenan Allen was traded for just a single 4th round pick and he’s not a lockeroom problem child like Diggs. Arguably a better receiver than Diggs too.

Funny thing is the 2nd round pick that Houston traded away was the pick they just acquired from the Vikings.

A fresh start for Diggs will be good and Demeco Ryans is a great coach to help with that.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Actually seems like a great trade by the Bills, and more terrible for the Texans. As bucky mentioned, Keenan Allen was traded for just a single 4th round pick and he’s not a lockeroom problem child like Diggs.

You gotta look at the money, Buffalo is eating a $31M cap hit, while the Bears took on Keenan Allen’s $23M contract.

blank

That’s a good point, but still seems like a little better trade for the Bills.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.