2023 Wolves

• CaptainMusky

Phoenix was pretty demoralized. Love it!!!

Saw a video of an obviously drunk fan having a mental episode screaming at the top of his lungs. It was kinda frightening actually.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Wow, that dude has some screws loose!

Also was laughing out loud at Jim Pete’s comments on the Suns attempt to have the crowd wear purple shirts. First only about a third of the people participated and second purple was a bad color choice since it blends in with the crowd, lol. Blaze orange might have been kinda cool, somebody made a poor decision. Just kinda added insult to injury!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

The post game interviews with Book and Beal showed how defeated they really look. Like their souls were snatched!

I think if the wolves bring the same intensity tomorrow, they will give up after a couple quarters. I haven’t seen this kind of defense since the 80’s Pistons.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

some crazy defense from both teams! wolves can’t make a shot but Suns have no chance to out rebound.

funny that before the series, all the experts said that the wolves can’t match up with the Suns but nobody said anything about the suns matching up with our bigs.

so far refs are pretty neutral????

eyeguy507
    SE MN

way past my bedtime since I get up before 5 but that was one hell of game and i aint missing history.

crazy finish with Finchy done with a serious knee injury…..WTF? total team effort, haymaker after haymaker. nobody would have called a clean sweep.

lindyrig79

The Suns gave everything they had, 21 lead changes, Booker with 49 points, Durant with 33 points, and the Wolves STILL won! Brooms out baby!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Damn, we’re watching the start of something special with Ant… the kid is looking to take the league over!

and to think most (me included) were worried when the Suns were the matchup..

Coach Finch donated his knee ligaments for the W! (Ouch!)

That was Minnesota’s first EVER 4 game sweep in a pro sports 7 game series!

Now they get a week to rest up for a likely Denver 2nd round…

dirtywater

I was in college last time they won a playoff series and now my oldest is almost done with high school. Historic night for this team and they don’t appear to be anywhere close to done. The level of intensity they bring on defense for the entire game is not something I have seen in a while. KAT’s offense kept them afloat until ANT came alive and when he did, hoooboy, dude is something else.

Nice avatar eyeguy

JoeMX1825
    MN

it’s also nice to see Kat finally coming around to the fact that this is Ant’s team and Ant is the “Alpha Wolf” on the team…I think this will give Karl some peace and let him just focus on basketball…

It’s just the first round, so we can be excited and happy, but just not satisfied, this team is good enough to win the whole damn thing! (I thought it was telling that you didn’t see any big celebration in the locker room after the game, they know there’s more to accomplish this season and the first round is just a stepping stone)

I’ve been a quiet Wolves fans my entire life, i’m happy for all of those serious fans who’ve been loyal to them since the beginning, you deserve this win!

CaptainMusky

When I went to bed they were down by like 4 or 5 couldnt believe it when I got up and checked the score. IDK why I couldnt believe it because this team is just dang different. They have that dawg about them. Best Wolves team ever assembled. IDK what this Finch injury will mean. I suppose he will have surgery pretty quick, but he will be hobbling on the sidelines for sure.

tswoboda

That defensive stop where Suns rotated all the way around the perimeter and then got a pass to the far corner picked off… straight into Ant’s hammer dunk. That was the coolest basketball sequence I can remember watching. Talk about closing a game out, wow.

Had me a little worried when Finchy went down. That’s next level bad juju when your coach gets carried off with 2 minutes left in a back and forth clinching game. Torn patella for the coach, wtf shock

lindyrig79

Hopefully they will use Finch’s injury as a rally cry. Guessing he will still be able to be on the sidelines just not moving around? Cool to see the team gathered around their coach after the game. waytogo

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Fun to finally see some good basketball around here. A1 is the man and takes over games, a guy like that with pieces around him will win championships. This series has shown how important role players are. T wolves have a pretty good bench, suns have nothing beyond Booker and Durant. Beal was non existent pretty much entire series and big reason they lost last night, he was terrible. Suns are in cap hell for a while too. See what the T wolves can do rest of playoffs but will be fun to watch, they are good enough to win it all.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’d bet A-Rod is wishing he would have made that final payment on time now!
    Great win last night and outstanding series. Let’s hope they get some rest and come out and hammer Denver, who is up 3-1 in their series.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

And just think, there were questions if the Wolves took the right guy in the 2020 draft. Does Wiseman even play more than a few minutes a game, and LaMelo is the epitome of a God Ball player.

I constantly forget Edwards is only 22.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

it’s also nice to see Kat finally coming around to the fact that this is Ant’s team and Ant is the “Alpha Wolf” on the team…I think this will give Karl some peace and let him just focus on basketball…

IDK why I couldnt believe it because this team is just dang different. They have that dawg about them.

Totally agree with both these points, for this team to reach their potential KAT had to accept a secondary role to Ant. Not only has he done that very well, he’s also gotten significantly better on the defensive side and minimized his temper tantrums. He deserves a lot of credit for that imo, a ton of NBA diva’s do not handle that as well. And they play defense so well, it’s hard to say whether Phoenix didn’t show up (especially the first 3 games, they gave their all last night) or we shut them down. Either way that was a dominating, fun to watch, sweep!!!

This next series could very well be for the championship, maybe the Lakers do us a favor and drag it out a little longer. But whoever wins between us and Denver would have to be the favorite to take it home.

CaptainMusky

If we end up playing Denver that will be a bloodbath I think. I really didnt like the matchup with the Suns and didnt like the WOlves chances but they certainly proved me wrong. The Nuggets are a different animal however.

JoeMX1825
    MN

something to watch in the Denver/Lakers series is what happens with Jamal Murray and his calf injury…Joker is going to get his points and plays, but Murray is the guy you can’t let go off…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That Pheonix team flops more than a mens soccer team. They got so many bs fouls and they threw everything at the Wolves and to their credit, unlike so many times in recent history, they kept their heads on straight and got the job done. I’m so impressed with Chris Finch. I know OKC had a season that no one saw coming, even moreso than the Wolves, but man, he deserves that coach of the year award. Turning around this franchise with THESE players that no other coach has been able to get to play together and buy in, it’s just really impressive.

And then that clown Booker has to go hip check Conley into him at the end of the game for one last cheap shot. Unreal.

dirtywater

My take on Karl. Until Edwards arrived and showed who he was, Karl had the weight of the world on his shoulders. He was drafted high and told “you’re the man, this is your team” and frankly he has never been that kind of guy consistently.

Now he’s in his natural lane. A super talented shooting big that can kill you if you give him an open look. A great supporting cast guy. And when things don’t go his way he knows it’s not all on him, his teammates are there with an offensive rebound or a steal on the other end to keep things moving in the right direction. With that, the whining had decreased a lot. Thankfully. It made him almost unbearable to watch in the past. Now he’s pretty entertaining.

lindyrig79

I was getting frustrated with all the flops too. And Booker is a little b/@ch – loved those shirts the guys in the crowd were wearing with his crying face! Bye bye!

CaptainMusky

dirty, I think your assessment of KAT is pretty much spot on. He is a great player, but he cannot be THE guy. Now that Ant is here, Rudy and the rest of the cast of characters he is shining.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

There are 2 teams that I didn’t think they could beat in a 7 game series.

Boston and Denver

After what they did to the Suns, I may need to revisit my opinion. Denver is just different in the playoffs and so is Murray. If he is out or the Lakers tire them out a bit, anything is possible. This team has really grown up since last year. A week of rest will be huge

JoeMX1825
    MN

Denver destroys most teams because they can’t compete with their size, except for the Timberwolves…. it will be a great series if they end up playing each other…

Netguy
    Minnetonka

That Pheonix team flops more than a mens soccer team.

No sport flops more than mens soccer!!

And then that clown Booker has to go hip check Conley into him at the end of the game for one last cheap shot.

Booker did that because he didn’t get the foul call.

I saw Karl crash the boards twice from the perimeter to get an offensive rebound. How often does that happen in the NBA? Ant tells Karl to stop effing fouling. In the video, start at the 5:00 mark and watch for 30 seconds. rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Denver Next. Was glad to see the Lakers get beat. I really don’t think Denver is playing real good right now. That’s not to say they may not step up big time against us. If they play the way they have been, I think we will beat them. Even if they really step up I think its going to be a real good series.

CaptainMusky

What is the status of Murray? If he is out that will be a huge W for the Wolves.

JoeMX1825
    MN

What is the status of Murray? If he is out that will be a huge W for the Wolves.

He’s fine and he dominated last night…calf injuries can act up at any time so it will be something to watch for in the Wolves series, but he looked 100% last night…hit the game winning shot too…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Denver vs Wolves second round series, this will be a battle! it’s likely going to come down to who gets into early foul trouble and needs to replace their top guys, I think the Wolves have better depth…Kat needs to stay away from the dumb ticky-tack fouls he’s prone to getting…

Murray will be this round’s Devon Booker, except he’s nowhere as fast as Booker so it will be harder to get to the line for easy free throws… Joker vs Gobert will be fun to watch…

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 586 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.