2023 Wolves

• Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

I’d go so far to say that this team really isn’t even clicking yet.

McDaniels has missed a lot of games so far.
    JMac is our only other PG besides Conley and he’s missed the entire season.
    Shake has been rocky at best.
    NAW isn’t a starter.
    Kyle Anderson won’t shoot the ball.

Rudy is the reason we are winning these games. Teams just give up trying to attack the paint.
    We need to keep teams under 100 pts because that’s all we can muster up ourselves.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

im a Kyle Anderson fan but he has been passing up shots he needs to take lately and that isnt gonna work. Hes a good facilitator but he needs to be able to score when asked to as well, especially when we have some of our lineup injured.

Im a big NAW fan. What a trade we made with Utah! fleeced them!!! I agree NAW is better of the bench playing around 20 minutes a game. I just love his energy and effort. Wish he was better at putting the ball on the floor and getting his own bucket but seems thats just not part of his game.

I agree with you Mookie, we havent had a complete club for much of the season. getting JMAC back, assuming we get the good version of JMAC, will be huge for the bench i think and for getting guys like Shake and NAW back to their more natural positions. Of course, having McDaniels back is really important too.

Would be real nice if Troy Brown could chip in like he did last night more often. He isnt getting any play time but that might change now.

JEREMY
    BP

Im sure his hips gonna fall off. We cant have that good of team. My 6 and 7 year old daughters love watching wolves games but wouldnt watch the last 2 with me cause they hate the ugly floor at Target Center and I have to agree.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Wolves win another one last night. Can’t say I’ve seen I’ve seen them look this good to start a season before. Any update on Edwards?

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Wolves win another one last night. Can’t say I’ve seen I’ve seen them look this good to start a season before. Any update on Edwards?

03-04 would be comparable. They are off the their best start in franchise history. They did have a better defensive rating then, but we’re also in a different era of the sport. Teams are scoring far more than early 00s.

You guys and your abbreviations. I have no clue who most of these guys are that you’re referencing. NAW, Shake?

CaptainMusky

You guys and your abbreviations. I have no clue who most of these guys are that you’re referencing. NAW, Shake?

I have no idea what NAW is either and was going to ask that before, but I at least saw a show where they talked about “Shake” but cant remember his last name LOL.

AK Guy

I have no idea what NAW is either and was going to ask that before, but I at least saw a show where they talked about “Shake” but cant remember his last name LOL.
    [/quote]

Don’t read the Wild thread Tillrlife. CaptainMusky knows who they are but Stone Hands, Moose, Goose, Flower, etc will really have you scratching your head.

CaptainMusky

Don’t read the Wild thread Tillrlife. CaptainMusky knows who they are but Stone Hands, Moose, Goose, Flower, etc will really have you scratching your head.

I feel assaulted! LOL Im a hockey guy but I really enjoy watching the wolves when they are good. I am certainly no basketball mind at all, but they are sure fun to watch this year.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

[/quote]

Those are pretty easy, I’m talking about Acronym nick names. I guess they might be easy since I’m a Wild fan as well, and those names were given to them by the large majority of fans, not some random fishing forum. ) Or maybe I’m just old and snotty, I can’t stand the GMBG and KOC. Just type out their name, it takes maybe 1/2 second longer. )

lindyrig79

Shake Milton. They say his name on the broadcast. Not sure who NAW is though.

Dan Kane

NAW = NICKEIL ALEXANDER-WALKER

Been playing well. Great defender. High energy. I was at the game Tuesday. Last year’s Target Center energy was higher than it was in the past. This year is even better. I recommend going if you haven’t recently. I have brought some of my hockey/football/baseball fan buddies and they have all had a blast (after years of them giving me grief for liking basketball)

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

There is only 1 name you need to know.

Naz Reid

toddrun

This is a great story, during the regular season, but unfortunately by the playoffs it will have to meet the NBA made up narrative, so they will not succeed. NBA is a business, not a honest sport. There is no drama, there is no national interest, and nothing in MN that the NBA wants in the Championship series.

Best record in the NBA, but not in the in-season playoffs, coincidence? I don’t think so….

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Reason #169 I can not watch the NBA anymore.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

its funny that when I try to talk wolves here for years, people just act like no one watches NBA.

now they start playing like they should with the talent they have and people pop out of nowhere almost like they woke out of hibernation?

this team is a legit title contender and I cannot believe I wrote that. Rudy is playing D like nothing I have ever seen in 30 years. where was that last year? you know you have something exciting going on when they win home games at a 90% clip and take care of business against inferior teams. something that did not happen before. even with Ant and Jaden out they go next man up and win. that would not happen before.

I’m just waiting for it implode like like usual but enjoying the ride

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Reason #169 I can not watch the NBA anymore.

#170 is palming/carrying the ball. Most moves in NBA/college/high school can’t be made without it.

NBA basketball is basically inside street ball.

The thing that I started noticing last year and has continued this year is they’ll call fouls on shots taken at a much higher rate when the shot is missed.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

This is a great story, during the regular season, but unfortunately by the playoffs it will have to meet the NBA made up narrative, so they will not succeed. NBA is a business, not a honest sport. There is no drama, there is no national interest, and nothing in MN that the NBA wants in the Championship series.

Best record in the NBA, but not in the in-season playoffs, coincidence? I don’t think so….

How do you explain some of the most recent NBA Champions; Toronto, Denver and Milwaukee?

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Another night, another W. I’m not a huge basketball fan, especially pro, but this team is fun to watch for sure!

CaptainMusky

Yeah it wasnt going well for much of the game last night and the Spurs are a terrible team right now, but they pulled it out.

JEREMY
    BP

Thats the game MN teams usually lose. Come in with a 14 game losing streak.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

One dribble from the top of the key FROM THE OTHER END OF THE COURT!!
    rotflol

CaptainMusky

Netguy that is absolutely laughable! One of the reasons I cannot be a big basketball fan!

JEREMY
    BP

To make it worse he carried the crap out of it before the one dribble actually made.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

I had to throw my shorts in the wash last night after that Naz Reid dunk.

lindyrig79

Anthony Edwards had a sweet dunk on an offensive clean-up rebound too. Nice win for the wolves…

hop307
    Northern Todd County

I count 5 steps with 1 dribble, or if you count the steps before the dribble there were 4. So 9 steps with 1 dribble. Not sure how that is not a travel.

lindyrig79

Wolves get another W tonight. Keep on stacking toast

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Green suspended indefinitely after his latest incident.
    Wolves still hold the best record in the west after getting dominated by Zion and NOLA their last game.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 623 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.