2023 Wolves

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Put me on the bandwagon. Any time a small market team in the NBA makes a splash, it’s a positive. The Wolves play hard the entire game and that alone pushes even the most talented teams when they are just “too cool” to play that way.

NBA Side Note: Watching Leflop complain about officiating in the Denver game after bricking a WIDE OPEN uncontested 3 for the win was a classic. He couldn’t hold Jordan’s jock…yet people want to constantly compare them

JoeMX1825
    MN

Like alot of MN sportsfans, I’ve been a Wolves fan hiding in the weeds because they were always so predictable (not enough star power, too many bad actors, lack of effort, etc) but there are 3 big key differences with this Wolves team vs others (one thing is related to the KG Western Conf finals team)

1) They finally have a great supporting cast to supplement their stars (Reid, Conley, SloMo, McDaniels, NAW) The KG Western Conf Finals team also had this…
    2) Their stars are willing to do what’s needed to win (Kat still needs to get better at this) Ant and Rudy will do the OTHER things IF needed vs just scoring and if they aren’t scoring, they don’t cry about it and let it effect their game, they find other ways to help the team win.
    3) EVERYBODY on this team puts in the effort to play defense, the stars willing play defense is the biggest difference…KG always did everything 110% effort, but there’s no way you could ever say that about Marbury, Szerbiak, Cassell, Spreewell, Love, Rider, etc..

fun times…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m also a bandwagon jumper. Had only watch Parts of a few games during the regular season but have watched the last 2 games from start to finish. They are a nice little MN. sports story. Hope they can keep it rolling. I think they have the team to make a deep run for all the reasons listed by Joe above. I don’t think there are many teams in the league who really want to play them right now. They are currently handling the only team in the league who gave them problems this year

JoeMX1825
    MN

So as a hockey guy, the first thing I noticed about this Wolves team is just how BIG they all are, in hockey, having size (especially in the playoffs with 5-7 game series) really wears on the other team as the bumps and bruises build up as the series prolongs… this is a HUGE advantage and we’ve seen it with the Wolves wins as the Suns players all appear exhausted by the end of the games…

It was also good for the Wolves that Grayson Allen appeared to re-injure his ankle last night and will be questionable moving forward… He’s one of those pest type of players that you absolutely hate to play against, but love him when he’s on your team… Dude could really shoot the 3 ball as well, that’s a big loss for the Suns…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Put me in the camp that is happy they won, and surprised they are doing so handily, but also not dusting off the chair for the parade route quite yet. Just enjoying the ride for now.

So as a hockey guy, the first thing I noticed about this Wolves team is just how BIG they all are, in hockey, having size (especially in the playoffs with 5-7 game series) really wears on the other team as the bumps and bruises build up as the series prolongs… this is a HUGE advantage and we’ve seen it with the Wolves wins as the Suns players all appear exhausted by the end of the games…

This has certainly been an advantage this series, but tbd the rest of the way. I generally agree with Barkeley (I think, might have been Shaq) that said they won’t go all the way unless the bigs DOMINATE on the offensive side, because they just can’t defend all the shooters on the other end. Phoenix just hasn’t been shooting well, and one of their best, Allen, has been hurt. This is how Phoenix dominated the Wolves in the regular season from what I heard, and it’s been a 180 these first 2 games. Also, last year Jokic absolutely was KAT and Rudy’s daddy as neither one can come out and guard well at all, and Jokic often brings the ball up and initiates the offense. Plus he can shoot. BUT if they finish the Suns, and can get past Denver, I’m putting the chair in my truck and scouting spots on Nicollet Mall!

CaptainMusky

KD was lights out in game 1 but Booker has not been good. The dude that got hurt again last night was shooting the lights out until he got hurt.

OG Net_Man

It was also good for the Wolves that Grayson Allen appeared to re-injure his ankle last night and will be questionable moving forward… He’s one of those pest type of players that you absolutely hate to play against, but love him when he’s on your team… Dude could really shoot the 3 ball as well, that’s a big loss for the Suns…

I cringed and said OUCH when I seen the replay of Grayson Allen rolling his ankle….. I can’t imagine that he will be available to play this Friday.

CaptainMusky

So wolves guys get 2 of the big awards with Rudy and Naz both well deserved. Hopefully they don’t party too hard.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Two words

Big Jelly

Naz Reid

A soft-spoken big dude who busted his tail as an undrafted free agent and wins 6MOTY.

So happy for Naz

Next up is Rudy and Finchy

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Legends BTW

Attachments:
    1. RDT_20240424_2016376200483545488845140.png

AK Guy

Love his story. We’ll deserved honor.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3632.jpeg

eyeguy507
    SE MN

NBA Side Note: Watching Leflop complain about officiating in the Denver game after bricking a WIDE OPEN uncontested 3 for the win was a classic. He couldn’t hold Jordan’s jock…yet people want to constantly compare them

While I’m in MJ’s corner because many many of us 80’s kids like me wanted to be like Mike, LeBron is basically 1B to 1A if you ask me.

Naz Reid is a close 1C

CaptainMusky

Two words

Big Jelly

Naz Reid

A soft-spoken big dude who busted his tail as an undrafted free agent and wins 6MOTY.

So happy for Naz

Next up is Rudy and Finchy

AMEN!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Booker talks a lot of Shhhhh. Last year he had all sorts of quotes bashing the wolves. I think him and Towns got beef?

If the refs are going to let shhhhh slide, then I expect some contact on Friday. I just hope they keep their cool enough to not let it hurt them

big_g
    Isle, MN

As a on again off again wolves fan… been off since they got rid of KG the first time… doah my interest has been peaked again ! Keep it rollin’ smash

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Late one tonight…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I ain’t missing it for nothing!

TGIF

eyeguy507
    SE MN

If Towns can stay out of foul trouble, I like our chances but he is his own worst enemy

eyeguy507
    SE MN

looks like the refs will be involved in this one. if they can keep it close into the 4th, Suns will fold as hard as they are playing early on

lindyrig79

Refs need to let them play a little more. Too many ticky tac fouls.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

15 free throws already for the Suns

just embarrassing for the league

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Towns is so dumb you just can’t fix stupid

Mike J
    Wright County

Why is this game not on a local free channel? Unreal

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Why is this game not on a local free channel? Unreal

its free everywhere with an internet connection

eyeguy507
    SE MN

oh how the turn tables

YOU LIKE THAT

eyeguy507
    SE MN

heading for the exits before the 4th quarter

how you like them apples?

slough

Was worried about this series but the Wolves are just too big and physical for the suns. Loving it so far.

CaptainMusky

Pretty dominant win from the boxscore it appears. 4th the Suns made a run but the 3rd was the separator. DIdnt catch a second of the game that is just too late for me anymore.

lindyrig79

That was a clinic last night! The crowd was basically silent the whole night, other than a small run in the 4th. Just something fun about watching this team and how they all pull for each other you don’t see that in the NBA all the time. Phoenix was pretty demoralized. Love it!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 441 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.