Plymouth, MN

LOL good one Steve. rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ulterra or Ultrex? How many volt?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Terrova,, 24 volt/80 pound thrust, with universal sonar.

A guy can dream…..

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Where is the sense of urgency here with under six minutes left in the game down by 10 and not even at the 50 yet

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

They need to sign Cousins and JJ. Let Hunter walk and draft a QB. There are QB’s that have potential. They are imposition to get a go draft pick in the second round where they need to address the defense.
    Kwesi Adofo-Mensah has to learn how to draft. that’s a bigger crapshoot then if a QB is going to live up to there potential.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

It was just a matter of time for Mullens to chalk up one more int to his stats. 391 yards and untimely turnovers again.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Need the Raiders and Bears to win to move up to pick #10

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Terrova,, 24 volt/80 pound thrust, with universal sonar.

A guy can dream…..

Think big…Super Bowl big, get that 36 volt Ulterra.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

GREAT the season is Over – Now to watch the Bears, hope they send the Packers packing.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

GREAT the season is Over – Now to watch the Bears, hope they send the Packers packing.

Season was over when Cousins went down, it just took awhile to make it official.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I love the Vikings but relieved to see them put out of their misery today.

Go Bears!

Ripjiggen

Season was over when Cousins went down, it just took awhile to make it official.

Yup…

Beast

I love the Vikings but relieved to see them put out of their misery today.

Go Bears!

How that work out for ya?

JoeMX1825
    MN

“and with the 11th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select ??”

Ripjiggen

From the guy that complained about trolling on his precious packers thread. rotflol

Beast

From the guy that complained about trolling on his precious packers thread. rotflol

you better recheck that, I don’t believe that was me…

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

“and with the 11th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select ??”

…a young promising quarterback to sit the next 2 seasons and learn from Russell Wilson.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

At least they beat Detroit twice toast

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Yeah I always thought that was pie in the sky too. The purple koolaid can be quite strong at times, depending where you get it rotflol

queenswake
    NULL

Even with the wins after Cousin went down, we were never a playoff team. It’s kind of unfortunate sometimes that teams are forced to playout a season as if they did have a chance of making it far. We all knew this season was done many games ago. Finally, we can all move on.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The worst thing the Vikings could have done was Win yesterday. Picking 11 they should have plenty of opportunity to take a QB, in a very deep QB draft. I don’t like the idea of selling the farm to move up to get Williams, Maye or Daniels. I’d much rather trade back, or back into the 1st round, for Penix. Sign Kirk for 2-3 years and let the next guy develop. And no chance I am calling the Bears, period, even though they have the most draft capital/opportunity. Here’s the non-playoff team draft order:

1. Chicago Bears (from CAR)

2. Washington Commanders

3. New England Patriots

4. Arizona Cardinals

5. Los Angeles Chargers

6. New York Giants

7. Tennessee Titans

8. Atlanta Falcons

9. Chicago Bears

10. New York Jets

11. Minnesota Vikings

12. Denver Broncos

13. Las Vegas Raiders

14. New Orleans Saints

15. Indianapolis Colts

16. Seattle Seahawks

17. Jacksonville Jaguars

18. Cincinnati Bengals

CaptainMusky

There are really only 4 QBs worth drafting in this draft, which is a pretty good number I guess. But there are 7 teams ahead of the Vikings who likely need a QB so good luck getting one at 11. Personally Id rather focus on other needs depending how things play out ahead of them in the first round. The rumors about Kwesi offering a boatload of picks last year to move up to the 1st pick scares the daylights out of me.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The rumors about Kwesi offering a boatload of picks last year to move up to the 1st pick scares the daylights out of me.

If that is true, he should be fired today. If it’s not, he’s got one more draft to show he can evaluate talent. Last years draft was ok, and the 2022 draft was bad to horrible. Addison, Blackmon, and Evans are the only solid contributors thus far from those 2 drafts, and none look to be pro-bowlers. And besides Cine not seeing the field, we also passed Kyle Hamilton (stud safety for Baltimore) and allowed Detroit to get Jameson Williams and the Packers Christian Watson in trading back before taking Cine.

2023: Addison, Blackmon, Jay Ward, Jaquelin roy, Jaren Hall, DeWayne McBride
    2022: Lewis Cine, Booth, Ingram, Asamoah, Evans, Otomewo, Ty Chandler, Lowe, Nailor, Muse

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I see absolutely no way in which Williams, Maye, or Daniels make it to MN without selling the farm to move up to the 5-6 range. I would be absolutely thrilled with Penix, but even he isn’t a guarantee to be there if we stay put at 11, would probably need to move up to around 7-8 for us to have a REALLY good shot. Otherwise I’d be ok with moving back a bit and taking JJ McCarthy if we can add a second or third rounder for moving back.

CaptainMusky

It blew my mind what he was going to offer or what was said he offered, but not sure it was 100% true. Apparently Poles said it was true but who knows.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I see absolutely no way in which Williams, Maye, or Daniels make it to MN without selling the farm to move up to the 5-6 range. I would be absolutely thrilled with Penix, but even he isn’t a guarantee to be there if we stay put at 11, would probably need to move up to around 7-8 for us to have a REALLY good shot. Otherwise I’d be ok with moving back a bit and taking JJ McCarthy if we can add a second or third rounder for moving back.

You are probably right, but that picture will become a lot clearer from now to the draft. All the teams ahead of us have young-ish QB’s with big question marks, and rosters with lots of holes. What are the _____ going to do? Bears/Fields, Commanders/Howell, Patriots/Jones, Cards/Murray and his contract, Chargers are set at QB, Giants/Daniel Jones and his contract, Titans/Levis and Falcons/Ridder. I’d say most of those teams are ready to move on, or at least open up competition at QB, but probably not all of them. And Kyler and Daniel Jones both got huge extensions, so they will need to sort that out if they are taking a QB too.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The NFC North is going to be a tough division next year. Detroit will be as good of better. Green Bay is REALLY young and came a long way this year and are going to be better. Chicago with the #1 and #9 pick are going to get better as well. The Vikings are in a lot of trouble. Even if they sign both Cousins’s and JJ. If they spend the money that is expected for them, They won’t have much for help at O-line or Def. backs – Both are things this team really needs top have a chance to be better. Personally I think Mullins would be a decent backup QB. That is if they can keep Cousins healthy and on the field, To me that is a Big IF without a better o=line in front of him. He was nit real mobile before and the injury is not going to help much. I’d rather see them roll the dice with what they have at QB, If they can sign Counsin’s to a reasonable short term contract. I’d prefer to see out draft picks focus on the O-line and D backs. The Def. was horrible the last 5 games.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Until you mentioned it Werm I hadn’t thought about trading back, and I would think after the 2022 Draft most Vikings fans would break their TV if they saw that announced. However, I also hadn’t looked at who’s drafting behind the Vikings, only ahead. Denver, Vegas, New Orleans, and Seattle all are probably very interested in getting a good young QB. Now, we’re not going to be able to really fleece anyone because they’ll be doing their scouting and evaluating as well, but if for some reason there’s a team that really has their eye on a QB and the Vikes have already re-signed Cousins, maybe they can move back just a little. Lots of options on the table. However, in my personal option because I’m willing to admit I’m not an expert, I say the first round is defense only unless a QB is available at 11 that they absolutely did not believe was going to be (and this is my opinion whether they re-sign Cousins or not). They need guard help but I wouldn’t want to spend pick 11 on a guard. I’d prefer to see as much defense as possible in this draft with a guard and QB somewhere in the mix.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If I were a Vikings fan, I’d support trading back in the first round. Trading up would be the last thing I’d want them to do. They’re competing in a young, improving division from top to bottom and don’t want to mortgage future picks.

The QB hype machine with this class is really going to get rolling and gain momentum heading into the draft. Take advantage and see if there’s someone (Denver, Vegas, Seattle, etc) who wants to slide up and take a stab at maybe the 4th qb in the class.

If the Vikings resign Cousins (which I think they have to do), they need to hit on an edge defender and DB in this draft for sure to have viable starters at a cheap rate. Embrace Flores and the improvement that unit showed by letting him handpick someone to fit his scheme. Free agent pro-bowl type players are pretty much out of the picture if Cousins gets another 2 years + the impending JJ extension.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I could see the Vikings trading back just a few spots and taking the best defensive option available (DL or CB) in the early teens, then using that acquired currency to get back into the late 1st round and taking whichever top QB prospect is still on the board (McCarthy or Nix)

Obviously there’s some risk involved that neither of those QB’s are still there as other QB needy teams would want the same thing to get a future QB with the 1st round 5th year option…

I see QB’s going 1, 2, 3 (Chicago trades with Arizona and takes Harrison Jr at #4) and then Penix Jr goes to the Falcons at 8, then there should be a long QB lul unless Denver jumps on Nix or McCarthy at #12…

Viewing 30 posts - 1,711 through 1,740 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.