2023 Vikings

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

How far up would the Vikes need to move to get Jayden Daniels from LSU?

Tough to say at this point, Jayden Daniels definitely helped his status this year. Maye and Williams were the leaders going into the season and didn’t do a lot to destroy that. Penix has definitely helped himself, Bo Nix too. And have to imagine with the depth in this class Sheduer Sanders, JJ McCarthy and Quinn Ewers come back to college, especially with what they are getting paid now! rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

What should be an embarrassment is the NFL… The Vikings still have a chance to make the playoffs with some not so crazy scenarios…

That’s just Crazy. Here I though they and Us would be put out of our Misery with that last Horrible game. The good news is, we most likely will only need to watch 1 More ugly game this season. I’m not sure they could even beat Detroit if Detroit sits everyone but their 3 string players.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’m not sure they could even beat Detroit if Detroit sits everyone but their 3 string players.

They almost beat the Lions just 8 days ago. They were in fact driving with a minute left to play, losing by 6, in the red zone, and Mullens threw a pick.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>
    What should be an embarrassment is the NFL… The Vikings still have a chance to make the playoffs with some not so crazy scenarios…

That’s just Crazy. Here I though they and Us would be put out of our Misery with that last Horrible game. The good news is, we most likely will only need to watch 1 More ugly game this season. I’m not sure they could even beat Detroit if Detroit sits everyone but their 3 string players.

That’s not an embarrassment that’s proof that the NFL has made the most competitive league in sports. Better than my favorite sport where there’s no cap and the Dodgers have basically just bought the World Series win this offseason and there are 10 teams you know won’t be even close to 500 before the season even starts.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I beg to differ.. the most competitive league is college womens swimming. crazy

Umy
    South Metro

I beg to differ.. the most competitive league is college womens swimming. crazy

applause applause applause applause applause
    Fabulous !

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>
    Can someone explain how they don’t have one first rounder on the defense (beside an over the hill Harrison Smith)?

Because the ones they’ve drafted over the last decade are either not in the league (Waynes), barely in the league (Mike Hughes and Barr), dead (Jeff Gladney), or Lewis Cine who is behind a HOF and 2 of the biggest surprise stars on defense (Bynum and Metellus).

It was more of a rhetorical question.

I think one would be hard pressed to find a starting defense of any team in the past 20 years with only one first or second rounder..

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I hated Bret Farve when he was a packer, loved him in purple.
    Can’t stand Belichick but???? I’d trade for him.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I told the boys these purple bandanas are lucky so the Vikings will win today… I don’t think they believe me. rotflol Go Sportsball!
    toast

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1704650636321.jpg

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Mullens lol
    The death of the 1st drive was on him with the delay
    Just give the ball to Dobbs, he is the only backup to actually win a game or two.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Good lord just end this season to put us out of our misery… improve your draft pick a few spots to hopefully get a quality QB prospect to take over after a few more years of Kirk…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Good luck to Detroit in the playoffs. They restored the roar this season.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Time to find a different game to watch, just so painful watching. KOC looks on the sideline remind me of the dumbfounded looks of Dennis Green years ago, except Green would have his hands on his hips

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

KOC is the same guy some guys wanted to rush into the coaching hall of fame last year. You don’t win without players, I don’t care who the coach is.

Ripjiggen

You don’t win without a QB period. Don’t care who you are.
    Just ask the Patriots.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

JJ is going to blow a gasket and want to leave the team before the game ends.
    Can’t blame him

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Was going to cut up a tree I felled yesterday after the game. Now doing it at halftime!! whistling

Pitter patter

Trade jj for more picks. His talent is wasted on a team that’ll never win a title and he won’t be there long anyway. Build around a franchise quarterback not a retread the way they’ve done it the last 30 years.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Losing LaPorta for the playoffs will be a huge for the Lions…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Trade jj for more picks. His talent is wasted on a team that’ll never win a title and he won’t be there long anyway. Build around a franchise quarterback not a retread the way they’ve done it the last 30 years.

I’m starting to lean in that direction if they can get a haul for him… Love JJ, but his expected new contract just might be too much for a team with so many holes… again it depends on the trade return, it has to be too good to say no….

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Losing LaPorta for the playoffs will be a huge for the Lions…

while I don’t wish to see players get injured, it’s almost like Karma after the cheap shot hockenson took two weeks ago.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

List the “franchise” quarterback in this draft and what number you would need to draft to get him. Now why would a team drafting that high (cuz they suck) want a receiver with nobody to throw them the ball? Unless you think the Bears would trade their number 1 to the Vikings for Jefferson.

Seriously…..trading Jefferson is not the answer. Letting Kirk walk is not the answer. Those talents only come along once in a great while.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

KOC Chandler is getting over 7 yards per carry average you are gonna go for a fourth down pass to a return man.
    I’m not totally against going for it on fourth down but those 3 points were valuable

Pitter patter

I hated Bret Farve when he was a packer, loved him in purple.
    Can’t stand Belichick but???? I’d trade for him.

you’re joking right? Belichick in Minnesota looks just like Belichick in New England without Brady.

Dan
    Southeast MN

List the “franchise” quarterback in this draft and what number you would need to draft to get him. Now why would a team drafting that high (cuz they suck) want a receiver with nobody to throw them the ball? Unless you think the Bears would trade their number 1 to the Vikings for Jefferson.
    Seriously…..trading Jefferson is not the answer. Letting Kirk walk is not the answer. Those talents only come along once in a great while.

I agree. In all honesty, what are the odds ANY quarterback in this draft ever plays as well as Kirk has played the past few years. The top college QB’s are always the hot names to talk about, but Kirk is a known very good NFL QB. I’m sure Jets fans were pumped to get Zach Wilson, and Panthers fans were thrilled to get Bryce Young too…… whistling

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

Take Mullens out of the game…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Take Mullens out of the game…

And put who in there? He’s the best of the three bad options available. Its just semantics at this point.

Jerry K
    Coon Rapids

A little bit of dual threat mobility that Dobbs brings could helping this game, Lions don’t know his speed.
    Meanwhile KOC lucked out that fourth down in less than a yard TD to JJ makes little sense when all you need to do is keep moving the sticks. It got 7 nonetheless.

edit:
    What the heck has happened to the D, I understand missing a couple corners but this is just sick

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A little bit of dual threat mobility at Dobbs brings.

Dobbs can’t throw. He’s only a run threat.

He will be going back to NASA after the season is over.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

“And put who in there? He’s the best of the three bad options available”

I’m still available. And I work cheap, all I want is a new trolling motor.

SR

Viewing 30 posts - 1,681 through 1,710 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.