2023 Vikings

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

OK i’ll start it. vikes cut kendricks today…….also sounds like Thelen is next!!!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I like Thielen, he’s home grown, played at Mankato, was undrafted, started on special teams, and worked his way up to a very productive wide receiver. That being said, he’s now replaceable. His production has dropped significantly and he’s making way too much money. If he took a massive pay cut, he can stay. Otherwise, good bye. Osborne can put up his numbers for a fraction of the price.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

No real shock on Kendircks. Thelen either even though I liked him a lot.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

“Osborne can put up his numbers”

No he can’t. Osborne is less money but he doesn’t have the hands or route running ability Thelen has shown. IMO

Dan
    Southeast MN

Seems like the main four to be potentially released for money are Kendricks (done), Theilen, Cook, and Smith. I’d like to see Smith back since the defense is already bad, and I could see Flores letting Smith run around more and blitz (I swear Smith was always running laps pre-snap under Zimmer).

Cook’s the one I’m waiting to see go, hopefully with a re-signing of Mattison, even though he needs a new contract too.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Gotta believe it’s going to be a wild ride for the next month. Heads are going roll.

I would sure like to see Richardson get drafted by us but I don’t think we have the draft capital to move up. The guy is a stud.
    But…does he come with red flags and is he going to be a locker room distraction a few years down the line like some other QB’s right now? Think ya’ll know who they are.

Sure wish they would settle down the salaries they make. I know, I know…heard it all but the green some of these guys make. Total BS. Every sport for that matter.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yea I’m betting Ham won’t be here either!

CaptainMusky

Kendricks was my favorite player on defense so this kind of sucks. I understand though, but he was our best LB in coverage but last year was not kind to him. Time to move on.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m glad Kendricks is gone. He was a great player but last year he lost more than a step. And I’ve thought he’s been bad against the run for a few years. One of the big reasons the middle of the field was wide open last season was because the linebackers were no where to be found.

The defense is going to look completely different after this offseason.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Gotta believe it’s going to be a wild ride for the next month. Heads are going roll.
    I would sure like to see Richardson get drafted by us but I don’t think we have the draft capital to move up. The guy is a stud.

Agreed on the wild offseason, going to be a lot of activity this offseason. I’d like Thielen to stay here and retire a Vike, but he’s gotta take a HUGE haircut to do so, and can understand why he might not want to.

Richardson is very intriguing, unreal athleticism and physical attributes. It’s still a position of throwing the ball, and his accuracy is a huge red flag. Some guys overcome that (Allen, Hurts) but many do not. So if he’s available when we pick, I’m fine picking him, but doubt we have the capital to move up to get him. And if we do, there is not going to be much left in the cupboard for the rest of this or next years draft.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’d bet money they go D line.

Sylvanboat

Just read a “rumor” Vikings are shopping Cousins to San Fran. Any truth to this?

CaptainMusky

Just read a “rumor” Vikings are shopping Cousins to San Fran. Any truth to this?

I think that is just a pipedream since Shanahan coaches there. I dont think there is any truth to it.

Dan
    Southeast MN

That’s been going around for awhile and I don’t think it’s a rumor as much as reporters just throwing it out there. People connect Shanahan and the Niners being “a good QB away” and they’ll go on to say “it sure makes a lot of sense.” I’d call it throwing S at the wall type of speculation, I don’t think there has ever been anything to it.

What is true, is that with Derek Carr’s new deal and what a guy like Daniel Jones might get, Kirk is still good value for a good QB.

And…mostly rumors here as well, but it’s been said that JJ wants to know what’s going on with the QB situation before he signs his major extension, and likely wanting continuity in Kirk. Lots of Kirk-haters out there but if arguably the best WR in football likes him I think that says a lot.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Hold on thar bubba Louie.
    Kirk to SF?
    Hmmm. What is SF gonna do with 3 probable, starting QB’s even if all are broke down right now but they won’t be for long.
    Kirk is on his last contract year in MN and 35 years old. He’s due 20 million on March 17 if nothing happens before then.
    SF is in a win now mode and with a defense that can actually stop an opposing offense…Kirk would thrive.
    MN gets a QB in the trade and we don’t deal with an old QB and contract extension.
    Seems possible. I’m also watching Kwesi on this. He is a wheeler dealer worse than Rick.
    I see JJ is also taking a wait see what happens approach to our QB situation before sighing any contract extension.

And not but certainly not least…Mr. Rogers is in NY today meeting with the Jets.

and here we GO !!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Daniel Jones asking for $45 mil/year is preposterous. He is nowhere near that caliber QB, even if he did have a pretty good season last year.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Daniel Jones asking for $45 mil/year is preposterous. He is nowhere near that caliber QB, even if he did have a pretty good season last year.

Absolutely ridiculous.
    And he had a great game against a MN Defense that was really bad. Guess I don’t know for sure how he was otherwise but for what he did…is not a 45 Million a year guy. Seems like a Carson Wenz story and we saw how that went.

CaptainMusky

Now there are people saying trade Cousins to the Ravens for 2 first round picks and then sign Lamar. What in the world are people drinking?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Well he just got 4 years at $160, so not THAT preposterous.

If San Fran traded for Kirk, that would be either the ballsiest or dumbest trade of all time by Lynch. Only ways it pays off is a SB W. And they have one of the best QB situations in the league with 2 young guys just starting rookie deals that could very well be their QB for the next decade plus. To give that up for Kirk would really be something we’ve never seen before.

Does JJ love Kirk? Honestly don’t know, feel like there hasn’t been a ton of love or hate shown either way by JJ.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah, ever since they signed him. Except it’s the other way around. The Niners have been trying to shop FOR him.

If you like that idea I hope you like Trey Lance, because that’s who the Vikes would be getting. I’m not convinced he’s the QB we want to start over with.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Does JJ love Kirk? Honestly don’t know, feel like there hasn’t been a ton of love or hate shown either way by JJ.

I’m not sure love is the word, but he certainly likes him. He’s been a big part of making JJ who he is. Wouldn’t have broken rookie records and Moss’s records with a rookie QB or Case Keenum. JJ has also defended Kirk on Twitter multiple times. Even if he doesn’t like him, he respects him enough to have his back. That’s all you need.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well he just got 4 years at $160, so not THAT preposterous.

I personally don’t think he’s worth 40 mil/season. He’s really only had one good season. At least its not a super long term contract though.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I personally don’t think he’s worth 40 mil/season. He’s really only had one good season. At least its not a super long term contract though.

Agreed, except I’d say he hasn’t had one good season, just a couple mediocre ones. rotflol But the last thing a GM can do is let a young QB walk before he turns into Josh Allen, Burrow or Mahomes.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

did ya all see the Vikings havee a player that made the news for a good reason for a change!!!!

KJ Osborn!!!!!!!

Dan
    Southeast MN

Yeah that’s truly an awesome story. What a guy.

CaptainMusky

That was a wonderful story! They are heroes for that!

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Thielen cap casualty of the day.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Thielen cap casualty of the day.

I don’t think they’re done either.

Za’Darius literally wants to be cut and has expressed it.

Harrison Smith is likely to be told he’s taking a pay cut or a walk, his choice.

There is allegedly a trade offer submitted to the Vikings by an unnamed team for Dalvin Cook.

haleysgold
    SE MN

The slaughter continues.

Cam Danzler was just cut.
    Saves about 3 mill in cap space.
    This one is weird. I thought he was decent and 3 mill for a CB isn’t that bad.
    Doesn’t seem like a good move but I’m sure they have a master plan in mind.
    roll

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The slaughter continues.

Cam Danzler was just cut.
    Saves about 3 mill in cap space.
    This one is weird. I thought he was decent and 3 mill for a CB isn’t that bad.
    Doesn’t seem like a good move but I’m sure they have a master plan in mind.
    roll

Lamar Jackson on a fully guaranteed contract + a gutted roster waytogo

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.