2023 Masters

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I love the Masters ! I am thinking Jon Rahm’s turn. Anybody else care to put your pick in ? Lots of streaming this week at work ! (The Masters always reassures me, spring is coming !)

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Golf being a 1/2 step above basketball and 3 steps above Soccer i’ll pick Tiger by 4.

Gitchi Gummi

I’m going with Spieth but I’m also liking Homa

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I love the Masters too. I think Scheffler is unbeatable right now. I think he repeats.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I think Scheffler is unbeatable right now. I think he repeats.

x2, he’s really elevated himself above the rest imo.

Coletrain27

John Daly is more my type of golfer

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

John Daly is more my type of golfer

LOL I was just about to post that he was my pick.

JEREMY
    BP

I used to like playing golf but the only way I might sit down and watch it was if I had 2 broken legs and dead batteries in the remote.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Id like to see Rory get it, but Scheffler is playing awfully good!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Jason Day…a comeback story is always fun

big_g
    Isle, MN

Seamus Power.. back to back Ace’s on #8 & 9 in the Par 3 contest !!! shock bow

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

X3 on Scheffler. Be cool to see a long shot win it, but Scotty is on it right now.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I love the Masters. I watch a little golf throughout the year, but really tune in to the masters. A group of us have a pool going. Pick any 5 and the lowest total finish of all 5 added up wins the pool. My 5 were: Scheffler, MCcllroy, Schauffele, Rahm, and Morikawa. I’d really like to see Rory Win it. That would complete the career grand slam for him. I hope all the LIV golfers fall flat on their Face. I wish they would not have even let them return.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

watching golf……kinda as fun as watching paint dry!!!!!!! doah coffee devil

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its fun to watch the Par 3 contest. Players out there with their wife and kids. Gary player still out there at 87 and still hitting some good shots. Just a fun way for the players to relax and have fun before its time to be serious in the morning

ThunderLund78

I’m not a golfer and despite being a big sports fan in-general, I don’t really follow it EXCEPT the Masters. There’s just something about the aesthetic and tradition – plus given the weather up here, it just makes you feel warm and excited for spring. I will be following the entire tournament.

ALSO – if you haven’t watched “Full Swing” on Netflix yet, DO IT! It’s incredibly well done and gives great insight into what it’s like being on the tour. Getting to know the backgrounds and personalities of several pro golfers has made the sport MUCH more interesting for me. I may follow golf beyond the Masters more closely after watching. Some guys you can’t help but route for after seeing what they’re like off the course (and some you can’t help but despise). It was made last year so they cover the whole LIV thing pretty well, too.

Anyway – I’m routing for a Scheffler repeat! Great dude and has his priorities in life straight!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That Zalatoris kid has been top 2 or 3 in both years he’s played in it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get close again.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I love the Masters. I watch a little golf throughout the year, but really tune in to the masters. A group of us have a pool going. Pick any 5 and the lowest total finish of all 5 added up wins the pool. My 5 were: Scheffler, MCcllroy, Schauffele, Rahm, and Morikawa.

My local bar has a big pool going. Actually 2. Each are $20 for a “board” one was a pick 4 from a shorter favorites list. Other is a pick 5 from the top 80 players. Only one pick from each column, A, B, C…
    100% pay out to the top 5 boards with first getting 42% which last year was $1600.

CaptainMusky

I would really like it if Woods was relevant again. He really made the game of golf popular.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That Zalatoris kid has been top 2 or 3 in both years he’s played in it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get close again.

He’s my Dark Horse pick. He’s had some injury issues, just now starting to play well again.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I would really like it if Woods was relevant again. He really made the game of golf popular.

As much as I’d like to see it as well. I think he still has the game, I just don’t think his Body will hold up well over 4 days of golf. But who knows, he is Tiger Woods. Anything could happen with him.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

He’s my Dark Horse pick. He’s had some injury issues, just now starting to play well again.

I’ve got him in a couple of my Fanduel rosters. If anyone wants a fun format that is cheap to play, it definitely puts more interest in watching it if you needed more. You pick 6 or 7 golfers with a set budget amount. Best roster wins obviously and they pay down a decent amount of spots.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If any course fits the bill for a Tiger win this year… it’s Augusta. He is fresh and he knows it well and won’t succumb to the pressure, like a young guy can. waytogo

CaptainMusky

I wish the pga would allow carts because he could really benefit from it and it would be a shame that he wasn’t able to win more because of physical limitations.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I wish the pga would allow carts because he could really benefit from it and it would be a shame that he wasn’t able to win more because of physical limitations.

Years back they allowed some guy to ride, it caused a big big blow-up. What the results were I don’t remember.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

Years back they allowed some guy to ride, it caused a big big blow-up. What the results were I don’t remember.

It was John Daly. He needed a cup holder for his beer. toast

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Zalatoris

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

I’m thinking Justin Thomas.

Love Masters weekend. Turn some golf on and start tying rigs and getting rods ready for Walleye opener in a few weeks.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’d like to see Freddy Couples on the leader board Easter morning.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.