2023 Masters

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Bummer about the rain out today. So do they play into Monday now??

The weather looks decent tomorrow. I think they will finish the 3rd round and go right into the final round. For some that is a lot of golf in one day.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Yeah I’m sure they’ll try to get it all wrapped up tomorrow. Early tee times/restart times to finish the 3rd rounds – think I heard 730 their time. Didn’t realize the last group out is already through 6.

Tiger is reallllllly limping. I want him to pull through but seeing that today I don’t see him finishing the tournament especially since he has to play like 29 holes or something tomorrow.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s really looking like a 2 horse race, with Cantlay making a push to be the third horse.

Woods withdrew, and one has to wonder if he’s seen again at all in a PGA event. He really looked to be laboring just to move from the very start.

CaptainMusky

Bummer about Tiger. The game is so much better when he’s competitive.

ThunderLund78

It was a great tournament and the right guy won, in my opinion.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Great tournament again this year, and I think the impact of the weather made for a very interesting twist by shortening the ball flight so much. Rahm was due, but it’s still hard to believe Koepka frittered away that 2-stroke lead by tentative approaches and such poor greenside chips. Would love to be a patron some day!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Like others have said it was a fun tourney to watch, Even with the weather delays. I agree with Thunderlund78 in that the correct person Won. I was not all surprised to see Rahm take over in that final round. Koepka caught the better of the tee times and played in much better conditions for a lot of the tourney. I kind of thought the weather and his nerves would catch up to him in the final round and I think both did. I will have to give it to the LIV players. They stepped up and played well. I really thought their game would be off. The two biggest surprises of the Tourney for me were how Poor MCllroy played and how well Mickelson Played. I really thought that it would be the other way around. It was both good and Sad to watch Tiger play. Sadly I think his body is just so broke down that it will never allow him to play at the level he once did. I think the mind and some of the skill is still there, but his body just can allow him to hold up over a full 4 day tourney. Having to play extra hole in poor condition also did not help.

CaptainMusky

Seeing that video of those huge Norway Pines falling I am shocked no one was killed or at the very least injured. Literally fell right between people.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.