2023 Masters

• JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

It was Casey Martin who was granted the Cart exception a few years ago due to a medical disability…

My pick to win is Rory to complete the career slam…

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

As long as Paige is there or covering it, I’ll watch. She’s a real piece of eye candy

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hovland is tearing it up. -5 at the turn.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

As long as Paige is there or covering it, I’ll watch. She’s a real piece of eye candy

Beth?

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Paige Spiranac I think. Total smokeshow.

Umy
    Participant
    South Metro

Holy Crap Paige?!

She’ll never drown!!

MX1825
    Participant

Paulina usually worth a look! devil

Sylvanboat
    Participant

I’d like to see Freddy Couples on the leader board Easter morning.

That would be very cool.

Brittman
    Participant

Zalatorus withdrew.

Tiger’s ability to even play competitive golf after that car wreck is amazing. Playing and winning are quite different though.

LIV Golf Princess Koepka is playing well (great golfer when healthy).

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Paulina usually worth a look! devil

In the Netflix golf documentary, Full Swing, she had a few interviews and was like, “my dad played hockey”…umm he did a little bit more than that. rotflol

Good to see Koepka back in form, he’s as good as they get when healthy.

Charlie W
    Participant
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Watching tiger walk around the practice facility, he might not even make it through a full 36. Whole lotta limping

ThunderLund78
    Participant

Full Swing kinda makes Koepka unlikeable and I didn’t like him much before I watched it anyway. Hoping for a dramatic swing of events over the weekend but he’s playing some amazing golf these last two days, might be his to lose. He keeps coming up short on key eagles to stay within striking distance.

Charlie W
    Participant
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Full swing made every LIV guy seem unlikeable. That was the goal.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Full Swing kinda makes Koepka unlikeable and I didn’t like him much before I watched it anyway. Hoping for a dramatic swing of events over the weekend but he’s playing some amazing golf these last two days, might be his to lose. He keeps coming up short on key eagles to stay within striking distance.

I’m right there with you on him. I never liked him before and like him even less since watching the full swing show on him. I had hoped that all the LIV golfers would fall flat on their face at the masters. Sadly there are a few of them having a decent tourney. Koepka got a huge break in a early Tee time today. He’s going to get most of, if not all of his round in before the weather turns bad. I always hated that the weather often plays a roll in the outcome of a tourney. Nothing they can do about it, but it sucks. Not only will some of the later players have to deal with poor conditions today but they most likely will need to finish their round tomorrow in possibly even worse conditions.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Full swing made every LIV guy seem unlikeable. That was the goal.

That may be true. The show is a collaboration between Netflix and PGA golf. Althought, its not hard to make some of those guys look bad.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Koepka is a huge douche. He was at a Blackhawks game with a bunch of bros in tracksuits causing a scene during the game. He’s always thought he was too good for everybody. I’d love to see him choke.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I never liked him before and like him even less since watching the full swing show on him. I had hoped that all the LIV golfers would fall flat on their face at the masters.

I actually had the opposite opinion of LIV golfers after watching DJ’s Full Swing episode. Basically he’s like if someone came to you and offered you way more money to work way less, who wouldn’t take it? Tough to argue that imo rotflol

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I actually had the opposite opinion of LIV golfers after watching DJ’s Full Swing episode. Basically he’s like if someone came to you and offered you way more money to work way less, who wouldn’t take it? Tough to argue that imo

So far I’ve only watched the 1st 2 Full swing shows. I get the whole get paid more to play less thing. I’m just not a big fan of where the money is coming from for LIV golf. I also think its poor for players to not show any loyalty to a org. that made the Multi Millionaires. Just my opinion and unlike some others I’m more than fine with others having theirs.

ThunderLund78
    Participant

LIV had nothing to do with my earlier perception of him. All these guys are competitive but Koepka cant get out of his own head and seems like tremendous whiner when things don’t go his way.

As for LIV, I don’t like the people and some of the alleged reasons behind it, but I’ve come to the realization that a LOT of my money I spend everyday ends up in pockets of people I don’t like. Its a personal decision for those golfers and some were bound to take it. We all like to think we’d do different, but I’m not judging until someone offers me more money for one year than I’ve made in my entire career. It does suck when the West gets out-capitalized but it’s up to LIV to keep a good product out there, and outside of the few of the bigger names (some of them past their prime), that’s going to be tough for them. They have a BIG PR problem to overcome. It has been great for Rory and Tiger to come out against it. There’s still something to be said for integrity and tradition.

Anyway – were off topic. Back to the Masters!

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

My only hope is that If/When LIV fails that they don’t allow the LIV players to return to play on the PGA tour. If any of us left our current employer for more Money, our current employer would not be required to take us back if it didn’t work out. Not only would they not be required to, but they most likely would not do so.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Tiger is worth a estimated $1.1 billion. This is after paying his 1st wife over $350 million to go away. Tigers opinion will greatly differ from some other guys who go to LIV who don’t have the money he has.

The PGA will welcome them back with open arms after they made their point.

Much like basketball I’ll only watch a few minutes of the Masters. Hitting a ball as far as you can and then chasing it yourself has never been something I understand. All the tweety bird sounds they pipe in is cute. grin

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

How come when they mention LIV, they preface it with the Saudi Backed LIV League ? They don’t say, presented by the PGA on the backs of it’s players… crazy

Kind of funny all the subtle “changes” the PGA is making. Thank a LIV player for that.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

My only hope is that If/When LIV fails that they don’t allow the LIV players to return to play on the PGA tour. If any of us left our current employer for more Money, our current employer would not be required to take us back if it didn’t work out. Not only would they not be required to, but they most likely would not do so.

If you were a world class employee, bet your a77 they would take you back $$$

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

As much as I dislike Keopka, the chaos it would create if a LIV golfer won the Masters would be epic.

MX1825
    Participant

So far I’ve only watched the 1st 2 Full swing shows. I get the whole get paid more to play less thing. I’m just not a big fan of where the money is coming from for LIV golf. I also think its poor for players to not show any loyalty to a org. that made the Multi Millionaires. Just my opinion and unlike some others I’m more than fine with others having theirs.
    [/quote]

This is no different than NFL players, NBA players, MLB players, College coaches, etc. They move on from the team that made them famous and millionaires all the time.
    Not saying it’s right but just the way things are now. doah

Karl Hungus
    Participant
    Carver County, Minnesota

It’s an interesting year at Augusta with the politics between PGA and LIV. You got the poster boy for LIV in the lead going into Saturday with McIlroy on a plane back to the UK already Friday afternoon after a dismal two qualifying (or more accurately…un-qualifying) rounds. Rory is arguably the biggest LIV critc on the tour and he isn’t there to represent. I’m not a die hard golf guy but follow casually. I tuned in yeterday afternoon and wondered where my favorite golf commentator David Feherty was. Searched online and see LIV poached him too. I read comments on why he made the move and he blatantly admitted that he bounced for the ridiculous money they threw his way. I guess money talks..still.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Bummer about the rain out today. So do they play into Monday now??

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.