2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• tswoboda

John Hynes is now the 21st longest tenured NHL coach. He was hired less than 6 months ago

CaptainMusky

John Hynes is now the 21st longest tenured NHL coach. He was hired less than 6 months ago

That is Wild.

CaptainMusky

You guys see what the gutless Tkatcuk did to Pasta? He is going to have a meeting with Maroon I am sure in the next game.

Ripjiggen

He will probably whoop his arse too.

Ripjiggen

I meant the other way around.

CaptainMusky

I meant the other way around.

I was thinking the same thing, Tkatcuk will likely beat the crap out of him, but I hope Maroon takes it to him anyway.

JoeMX1825
    MN

After reading a few articles regarding Rossi trade scenarios, I wondered what a Rossi trade for a top 2024 draft pick could look like vs the rumored desired option of trading for an already drafted young star prospect with size…(obviously this scenario assumes the Wild truly wants to trade Rossi and Yurov can step into the 2C slot after next season, Hartman could fill that 2C slot next year)

Looking at the Teams drafting 3-12 (There’s now way the Sharks would give up Celibrini and we’re not trading with Chicago) and which ones have a need for Rossi as an NHL Center.

Ducks – No, they have McTavish, Carlsson, Zegras as options
    Columbus – Not with Goudreau and just taking Fantilli last year
    Montreal – Absolutely they would be interested, after Suzuki they have a need at center (assuming Slafkovsky stays at wing)
    Utah – Likely not, they have a deep prospect pool and recently took Cooley
    Ottawa – likely not with Stuzle and Norris
    Seattle – Likely not with Beniers and Wright
    Flames – Absolutely they would, but there’s a ton of pressure to take Iginla
    Devils – No, they are set at center forever..
    Buffalo – Likely not unless they want to move Cozens to wing permanently
    Philly – Likely not as they have Couterrier and Frost

So that just leaves Montreal and Calgary as the 2 teams with a definite need at center…We’d likely need to include a good pick with Rossi to pull #5 away from Montreal, but that would likely guarantee we have 5 of the top 6 defenseman to choose from…Calgary would likely be a 1-1 swap and picks #9 and #13 could go a long way to bolstering our prospect pool, At #9 you’d likely have 2 or 3 of the remaining top D to pick from but you wouldn’t have any good Centers with size (maybe Trevor Connelly) to choose from if they wanted to draft Rossi’s replacement with pick #13 and the desire was to get bigger…

JoeMX1825
    MN

You guys see what the gutless Tkatcuk did to Pasta? He is going to have a meeting with Maroon I am sure in the next game.

Are you talking about the fight? Pasta wanted that smoke…maybe the gutless part was the 1-2 punches Mathew threw after they were already down on the ice, but what else would you expect from a Tkachuk?

I wonder what he said to Pasta to get his fire like that? Tkachuk gives just brutal personal chirps, not sure how he’s not jumped on by opposing players when they see each other at events like the All-Star game…

Ripjiggen

No way they trade Rossi to move up 4 picks. That would just be silly.

JoeMX1825
    MN

not to move up, Rossi for the #9 pick…

again, just hypotheticals based on what teams have a need for a Center if Rossi was traded for a 2024 1st round pick in the 3-12 range vs an established young player with size already drafted which sounds like is what the Wild prefers..

JoeMX1825
    MN

with Keefe fired, who’s the next coach to jump into the fire in Toronto?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

with Keefe fired, who’s the next coach to jump into the fire in Toronto?

I hear Mike Yeo is currently entertaining offers.

JoeMX1825
    MN

think they offer a ton of $$ to pull Brindamour away from Carolina? probably…

CaptainMusky

Yeah it was the punches when Pasta was down on the ice on all fours and couldnt defend himself

tswoboda

Pasta is a bonehead that’s playing right into Tkachuk’s game. Florida loves that sh!t and they’ll just come after him even harder now that they got to him once

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

That’s even sillier

Ripjiggen

JoeMX1825 wrote:
    <div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

That’s even sillier

Was thinking the same.

JoeMX1825
    MN

of course you were…

Anybody know how to watch the World Championships?

CaptainMusky

Are they on NHL Network? The U18 was. I havent tried to look for it.

tswoboda

onhockey dot TV and make sure you have a good pop-up blocker

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My bracket aint looking so good with the Canes down 0-3 now. They should have won games 2 & 3 but lost both in OT. Shesterkin could win the MVP is he keeps this up.

Went to sleep when the Stars were up 4-0. Looks like the Avalanche made it a game in the third.

CaptainMusky

I didnt see this coming from the Rangers. I thought the Canes would have held up a lot better but kudos to them.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I had the Rangers beating the Canes in 6 and ultimately winning the Cup in 6 vs the Canucks…they are a unit right now with all of the type of role players needed to win a cup and their superstars are playing like superstars…They are also getting a good share of bounces as well..

tswoboda

Add me to the list of surprised by the Rangers – they might not lose again. They’re a perfect example of special teams and goaltending winning in the playoffs. Same thing that beat the Wild the last 2 years.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, I knew the Rangers were good obviously, but I fully expected the Canes to actually put up a fight especially when adding the playoff juggernaut Guentzel.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Canes should have won both games 2 and 3. They outplayed the Rangers statistically and territorially. The issue is special teams, as already stated. Rangers have multiple power play goals and a shortie, Canes have nothing.

Plus the Rangers have Shesterkin. He’s the first Ranger goaltender to ever make back to back 45 save efforts in the post season. That includes all the King Lungquist era games.

CaptainMusky

Plus the Rangers have Shesterkin.

I think this is the difference. Yeah, special teams is absolutely a key factor, but goaltending IS an issue for the Canes. Maybe we could trade Gus there and get Guentzel LOL

tswoboda

USA v Sweden today. Just saw Boldy walk Brodin on a zone entry to set up a Werenski goal on Gus. Eriksson Ek scored too and get this, it was an actual shot from like the top of the circles.

Sweden’s top 4 D is Hedman, Karlsson, Dahlin, and Brodin bow

tswoboda

I think this is the difference. Yeah, special teams is absolutely a key factor, but goaltending IS an issue for the Canes. Maybe we could trade Gus there and get Guentzel LOL

Canes don’t lose trades, please Billy do not do business with them. Plus Freddy Anderson was the best goalie at the end of the season, and good in round 1. Wouldn’t say he’s bad against the Rangers, just that Shesterkin is the best in the league when he’s on.

CaptainMusky

USA v Sweden today. Just saw Boldy walk Brodin on a zone entry

Say it aint so! That is impressive. Brodin doesnt get walked by McDavid. Is he washed?

Viewing 30 posts - 5,281 through 5,310 (of 5,367 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.