2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Freddy and Zuccy likely out tomorrow for “personal reasons”

JoeMX1825
    MN

Denver’s Zeev Buium would look sweet in a Wild jersey paired up with Faber for the next decade… dude just floats on his skates…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Denver’s Zeev Buium would look sweet in a Wild jersey paired up with Faber for the next decade… dude just floats on his skates…

nvm, dude’s too good and will get drafted before the Wild will pick…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

i’ve lost track/don’t care anymore, but hasn’t the ownership of the Coyotes changed like 2-3 times in the past few decades? wasn’t Gretzky even an owner at one time?

Ownership of the Coyotes has been a revolving door sh!t show since day 1. Gretzky was, indeed, part of ownership group 2 or 3, depending on how you count them starting in 2001. He was also head coach and director of hockey ops. This group lasted 8 years, which in the realm of the Coyotes is what passes for a long period of ownership stability. It’s been all downhill since then and I believe in 2009 or 10, Bettman and the league had to secretly assume ownership because the team was literally too broke to pay salaries and travel expenses. I think after the NHL sold the team there have been 3 or 4 ownership changes or changes within ownership groups. It’s a gong show.

It will likely need to be a billionaire who is just doing it for their ego & not greed and doesn’t need to get into all of the low level money problems that will happen, they just get it done…that Market is too big to fail if ran correctly…

Everything would depend on getting Pheonix or one of the burbs to fund an arena and they all have been completely unwilling to do this. Even if a billionaire funded his own arena, the team still has to run profitably. The NHL has revenue sharing so a franchise that loses money is losing money for all owners, not just for the owner of the losing franchise.

This profitability situation is becoming a major issue for Bettman. The Jets are currently feeling the heat because apparently, they are having a very poor revenue year and season ticket sales for this season were at an all-time low and Bettman has warned the owners this can’t go on for long.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Really good night for the Wild tankathon, sucks that Seattle lost to San Jose but maybe it will give them confidence to beat the Wild tomorrow….

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Really good night for the Wild tankathon…

We need to give PLENTY of ice time to Ohgren and lines 3 and 4 in general to test drive these new players and line combos. If we lose, well, such is life.

The only way next season is going to be any different from this season will be if these players like Marat, Ohgren, Wallstedt, etc come up to NHL speed and get productive. We don’t need any more 5 goal guys and so-so defense or goaltending.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Shocking Mark Stone has now started to practice with Vegas. I use to root for them but now I want to see them lose in the first round.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Shocking Mark Stone has now started to practice with Vegas.

An amazing and completely unforeseen recovery. You don’t mean to tell me that Stone could be ready to play again JUST in time for Game 1 of the playoffs? roll

I mean, it’s almost like the whole thing was planned.

If the Wild were to pull BS like this the rule would be changed the next year. This crap has only been allowed because the league office is desperate to ensure that no more Bettman-era expansion franchises go broke. Also, what a load of sh!t that Vegas gets to duck the cap by putting Stone on LTIR and then they get the benefit of next season’s higher cap to be able to afford players that they acquired under a lower cap number this season. What a crock.

I hate the Texass Team Rustlers, but I hope they destroy Vegas and Stone in R1 if Team in a Box is the WC.

Ice Cap

Kaprizov is the only somewhat comparable player the Wild have to Stone. If the Wild put him on the bench for the season with thoughts of bringing him out for the playoffs they would be more likely of maybe hitting the lottery for a number one overall than even making the playoffs.

I begrudge Vegas nothing they are the only ones with big enough balls to take advantage of the league rules. If other teams think the rules only apply to them then prove it by doing what Vegas does and see what happens. I gotta wonder if Stone doesn’t feel a bit sheepish about the whole thing though.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I begrudge Vegas nothing they are the only ones with big enough balls to take advantage of the league rules. If other teams think the rules only apply to them then prove it by doing what Vegas does and see what happens.

There should be a cap recapture rule where the team is penalized the salary amount against next season’s cap if they bring back an LTIR player in the playoffs after using that move to essentially spend over the cap.

tswoboda

Kaprizov is the only somewhat comparable player the Wild have to Stone. If the Wild put him on the bench for the season with thoughts of bringing him out for the playoffs they would be more likely of maybe hitting the lottery for a number one overall than even making the playoffs.

I begrudge Vegas nothing they are the only ones with big enough balls to take advantage of the league rules. If other teams think the rules only apply to them then prove it by doing what Vegas does and see what happens. I gotta wonder if Stone doesn’t feel a bit sheepish about the whole thing though.

applause You sir are a wise man toast

Tom schmitt

I begrudge Vegas nothing they are the only ones with big enough balls to take advantage of the league rules.

I don’t think it’s that they have the balls.
    I think it’s that they have the deepest pockets to pay all of those players, playing and on the injured list.
    Just because Stone and the others were off the cap, doesn’t mean they were off the payroll.

tswoboda

Half the league, including the Wild, is over the cap ceiling this season. Has nothing to do with deep pockets

Let’s go Ohgren

CaptainMusky

WTF is going on with the broadcast?! Can’t watch it on ESPN+, the Bally channel started with the pregame then switched to poker!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

WTF is going on with the broadcast?! Can’t watch it on ESPN+, the Bally channel started with the pregame then switched to poker!

Yes no idea. All the Bali channels are showing freaking baseball

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Watching on BSNWI feed on Directv right now. But might be turning it off shortly. Down 2 0

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yes at this rate by the time the twins are done receiving their ass kicking from Detroit the Wild will already be down 5 to nothing. God I love Minnesota sports.

tswoboda

Watching on BSNWI feed on Directv right now. But might be turning it off shortly. Down 2 0

Players finally buying in lol this is ugly

Players and goalie

eyeguy507
    SE MN

162 pages of hockey talk…..only in Minnesota

tswoboda

162 pages of hockey talk…..only in Minnesota

Hope you have room on the Wolves bandwagon because I’m jumping on peace

tswoboda

Lol Coyotes players were officially told they are moving to SLC next year… while in the locker room before the game… and then went out and beat the Oilers

Ripjiggen

163 pages for a non playoff team vs 11 pages for a first place team… toast

JoeMX1825
    MN

Now they just need to lose the last 3 games for this miserable season to have its best possible outcome…
    I’m hoping for food poisoning from catering on the flight to San Jose )

CaptainMusky

Well not too surprising an outcome with the venerable Freddy is out of the lineup that you get thumped. Really hard to replace his output in an important game.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I sure hope the Wild are able to draft Zeev Buium, the kid is just electric with the puck on his stick…

Viewing 30 posts - 4,831 through 4,860 (of 5,351 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.