2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

No clue but assume he will take Hunter Jones’ 50-man spot and play in Iowa between ECHL and AHL backup. Guessing Zane won’t be back either he got lit up this season… his S% is 30 points lower than Wallstedt, which maybe makes Wallstedt’s .912 look quite a bit better

yeah, totally a move to get a free fresh body for Iowa the next few years, Zane was just bad…

Wallstedt has had a few games this season giving up 4 or more goals but he’s been pretty consistent giving up 1-2 and then they score an empty netter… Iowa Wild defense has got alot better the second half of the season, but there was really no way to go but up after their disastrous start, to be expected starting 3 rookies though…

Wallstedt has been good all year, I really hope they call him back up and give him a game or two, just to help get the terrible Dallas game out of his mind…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Lol, and then Wallstedt lets in 6 last night….

JoeMX1825
    MN

Lets see if that’s true, the Wild have been playing great lately, they should handle the Jets no problem today….

CaptainMusky

Lets see if that’s true, the Wild have been playing great lately, they should handle the Jets no problem today….

JOE!

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

JOE!

Dude! We want a better draft pick! 4-5 teams just under the Wild in points..

JoeMX1825
    MN

Merrill and Goligoski pair… what could possibly go wrong…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Rossi showing exactly what an offer minded center can do for his wingers… no dump ins, keeps possession and puts the wingers in shooting positions with the puck on their stick…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I can’t believe the Pens are back in the playoff hunt. They’ve moved into a tie for third in the metro division. I had them for dead a month ago.

The penguins, flyers, islanders, red wings, and capitals are vying for 2 playoff spots with 6/7 games left.

CaptainMusky

Wallstedt recalled so they know it’s over. Get a good look at him. Fleury would like 1 of these goals back but had no chance on several.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Its gotta be time to sit or drop to 4th line minutes guys like Freddy and Jojo and

A) give more playing time to guys you need to decide if you’re re-signing this offseason (Lucinni, Shaw, Beckman)

B) reward some of the young Iowa guys who’ve stuck through a tough season with NHL games (Hunt, Lambos, Bankier)

What’s the point of playing Goligoski or Merrill vs giving games to Hunt or other Iowa D guys???

JoeMX1825
    MN

Wallstedt recalled so they know it’s over. Get a good look at him. Fleury would like 1 of these goals back but had no chance on several.

Wallstedt starts tomorrow, he went from Iowa directly to Chicago…

tswoboda

Every tank needs a driver

AK Guy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Every tank needs a driver

Priceless.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Hey guys why don’t we pass through the middle of the ice about 50 times and let the Jets pick off 49 of them?

Also somebody should pull goudreau aside and tell him hey Freddy we want you to do less than nothing in a game. I mean the challenge for Freddy that would be really interesting is to see if he could be any more useless out there?

The only takeaway I had from watching this game is that if the Jets fans think this is the year.. well, it’s not. They are going to get destroyed in the first round.

basseyes

Only got to watch the last part of the 2nd and the 3rd period. Freddy has to be hurt, right? He looks slow, clueless and stoned on the ice. If he’s 75%+ healthy, what’s he going to look like next year? He makes Merrill and Goose look like actual NHL hockey players comparatively.

CaptainMusky

Wallstedt starts tomorrow, he went from Iowa directly to Chicago…

Well lets see what the kid has got. He has been up and down all year but that Iowa team is terrible so its not all on him. Been playing better lately except for the last one which was a clunker.

CaptainMusky

A) give more playing time to guys you need to decide if you’re re-signing this offseason (Lucinni, Shaw, Beckman)

B) reward some of the young Iowa guys who’ve stuck through a tough season with NHL games (Hunt, Lambos, Bankier)

What’s the point of playing Goligoski or Merrill vs giving games to Hunt or other Iowa D guys???

I agree with both points above. We need to see what we have in these young guys and potentially reward them but we dont have roster flexibility to do a whole lot aside from playing that 4th line more. Arent we at max?

Ripjiggen

They are also set at D through next season.

CaptainMusky

You’re content with rolling out Merrill again? We have a few guys not signed so they will have to figure that out like Chisholm which Im sure they will sign and possibly Mermis.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Playing Goligoski makes absolutely ZERO sense, he basically retired earlier this season, why Hunt is still playing in Iowa boggles the mind (unless they want Iowa to try and sneak into the playoffs?)

I’m sure the narrative after the season from GMBG will be that Freddy played hurt, that’s likely just a smokescreen to give him an excuse for such a terrible season, especially after GMBG extended him for 5 years…

Faber vs baby jesus should be fun to watch today….

Tom schmitt

You’re content with rolling out Merrill again? We have a few guys not signed so they will have to figure that out like Chisholm which Im sure they will sign and possibly Mermis.
    [/quote]

After playing Merrill and now Goose over Mermis for the last half of the season, why would Mermis not look elsewhere?
    It’s time to find out who they want between Merrill, Mermis,Hunt.
    I am assuming they will play Faber/Brodin, Spurgeon/Middleton, Bogosian/Chisolm.
    That leaves an audition for the #7 defenseman spot.
    Merrill is still under contract for next year, so they will need to move him if they want to keep someone else.
    And I don’t know how they will do that.

JoeMX1825
    MN

likely true although I think they would prefer to move Merrill and replace him with Hunt…

Tom schmitt

likely true although I think they would prefer to move Merrill and replace him with Hunt…
    [/quote]
    As would I, but that still leaves the problem of how do you trade Merrill, or can they waive him and send him to Iowa.

JoeMX1825
    MN

If you thought Brady Tkachuk was crazy against the Wild, did you see what he did against the Devils a few nights later?

He set the NHL record with SIXTEEN hits and then went nuts and fought the team at the end of the game when a Devil shot into the empty net 1 second after the horn sounded…

JoeMX1825
    MN

As would I, but that still leaves the problem of how do you trade Merrill, or can they waive him and send him to Iowa.[/quote]

Some young team like the Sharks or Hawks would take him as a veteran influence at that low caphit, especially since they could TRY to move him at the deadline for a 7th rounder as he’ll be a pending UFA…

Wild would get back “Future Considerations”

Viewing 30 posts - 4,711 through 4,740 (of 5,352 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.