2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Kuch is a yearly Academy Award nominee…..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I understand off-season discussions can be a bit dull and you guys need something to get you fired up. coffee

JoeMX1825
    MN

IF we lose Dumba by either trade or expac draft, I’d see if Montreal would be interested in a Addison for Edmundson trade? We need his size and nastiness! I think he has 3-4 more years at $3.x per…

We can’t have 2 D under 5’9” and 2 more that don’t have a mean or physical bone in their body and expect to last 4 rounds in the playoffs…

JoeMX1825
    MN

UNREAL play for 2 fourth line guys by Tampa for that Coleman goal! Wow!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I see Kucherov was fined $5k for diving…oh wait, nevermind.

tswoboda

I see Kucherov was fined $5k for diving…oh wait, nevermind.

I understand off-season discussions can be a bit dull and you guys need something to get you fired up. coffee

Thank you for trolling us to keep this thread entertaining.

UNREAL play for 2 fourth line guys by Tampa for that Coleman goal! Wow!

That’s their 3rd line. Price and the Montreal D were mentally on their way to the locker room and cost themselves the game.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You’re welcome?

I know they alluded to showing how Coleman has made a goal like that before and we’re going to show it, but I didn’t stay up. I looked up the goal from last year and my search turned up more than the one against Boston last year.

A lot has been made of the various acquisitions the lightening have made over the years. Goodrow and Coleman last year may be the most important of all.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Just saw they resigned Ek for 8 years $42 million.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I would have liked to see an under $5 per year contract with that much term (something like $4.75), but IF he builds upon this season’s offensive explosion it could be a bargain in a year or two.

I knew Ek was going to get done first, now the real work begins for GMBG…

tswoboda

I like the contract, didn’t think they would get him that cheap on an 8 year deal. 8 years is a risk no doubt, but those are the exact deals that turn into bargains if the player continues to progress.

Jeek played like a $5m+ player this season so gotta assume it only gets better from here.

8 years shows he obviously wants to be here and the organization shows a ton of trust in him.

Looks like only a 10 team no trade list as well.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As much as I want to win another cup, I hate that Price is on the other side. He deserves a cup and there not much more time for him.

Ripjiggen

Just saw they resigned Ek for 8 years $42 million.

2nd most important player on the current roster. Will be ripped if they don’t win will be praised if they do. Most likely an over reaction both ways. whistling

Tom schmitt

I like the contract, didn’t think they would get him that cheap on an 8 year deal. 8 years is a risk no doubt, but those are the exact deals that turn into bargains if the player continues to progress.

Jeek played like a $5m+ player this season so gotta assume it only gets better from here.

8 years shows he obviously wants to be here and the organization shows a ton of trust in him.

No you really can’t assume that.
    There are scores of players who got big contracts for a flash in the pan season.
    Let’s hope EEk isn’t one of them.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

No you really can’t assume that.
    There are scores of players who got big contracts for a flash in the pan season.
    Let’s hope EEk isn’t one of them.

He’s 24 and has gotten better every year. Give me the names of those scores of 24 year olds that took team friendly contracts and then regressed.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Bjugstad, one year $900,000…..Meh, seemed to start playing better at the end of the season though.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Only $150k more than the league minimum for a 4th line depth guy who can play center in a pinch, good signing, likely means resigning Bonino is out of the plans..

Russo also mentioned Mennell contract discussions have heated up, might be a valuable piece in a Seattle trade??

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That Mennell story is interesting. I didn’t realize he went to the KHL. Sounds like he got tired of waiting his turn behind all the dmen we have. Solid year in the KHL too. Still own his rights but I read something about he may not be able to go back to Iowa if he comes back? Not sure why that would be….

He wouldn’t help our size issue on the blue line but the kid puts up points.

tswoboda

That Mennell story is interesting. I didn’t realize he went to the KHL. Sounds like he got tired of waiting his turn behind all the dmen we have. Solid year in the KHL too. Still own his rights but I read something about he may not be able to go back to Iowa if he comes back? Not sure why that would be….

He wouldn’t help our size issue on the blue line but the kid puts up points.

I think part of the KHL deal last year was the AHL Season was a complete unknown at the time and he likely could have ended up on the Taxi squad. He was looking out for his best interest, and I think made a smart move.

Rumor is he’s demanding a one way contract, so he’d have to clear waivers to go to Iowa. He made the same demands last off-season and Billy G obviously didn’t give him the contract.

tswoboda

Bjugstadt was the one UFA I thought would re-sign. He’s cheap and versatile.

Cole is the next one, and I think that won’t happen until after the Xpac draft when they know where Dumba and Soucy end up.

Bonino and Mojo are gone. I think they’d love to keep Bonino but he won’t stay if he can get paid more elsewhere. Mojo may be lucky to get an NHL contract.

Hope they can keep some of their AHL depth call ups like Rau, Johnson, and Mermis. I think Mermis would make a good 7th defenseman.

tswoboda

The Victor Arvidsson trade looks similar to what a Dumba trade may look like if it happens before the XPAC draft. They dumped him before Seattle could take him but only got a 2nd and 3rd for him. I think it would take at least a 1st rounder or upper level prospect to trade Dumba pre-draft. If they trade Dumba for futures then they also lose one of Soucy/Hartman/Sturm/Talbot/Kahkonen in the draft.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Does anyone really believe the someone will give up a first rounder for Dumba? He hasn’t had over 25 points since 17-18 and he’s not a good enough defensive defensemen to warrant a first rounder if he isn’t putting up points.

I just don’t seeing the Wild getting a high draft pick for him. I think best case scenario he is involved in a #2 center trade. Maybe #1 depending on what else the Wild throw in with him.

Tom schmitt

I really thought we would have gotten more out of Bugstad than we did.
    Doesn’t play heavy, a bit slow, not good on faceoffs.

Wouldn’t giving some of the youth his ice time help the team more.

Ripjiggen

Bjugstad. Meh. Don’t see where he currently plays on the fourth line.
    I see Hartman sturm Parise at the moment.

I would be fine letting Dumba get selected by Seattle to keep everyone else.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Bjugstad. Meh. Don’t see where he currently plays on the fourth line.
    I see Hartman sturm Parise at the moment.

I would be fine letting Dumba get selected by Seattle to keep everyone else.

I think I’m on board with this. Problem is I don’t see how we get a top 2 center in that scenario.

Ripjiggen

If he is part of a package for a center so be it. I just haven’t heard to many legit trade rumors for one outside of Eichel who doesn’t interest me in the least with what you would have to give up and probably lose by paying him.
    A guy like Reinhart I think will take futures to get and probably most centers to teams looking to unload a top two center.

Either way Rossi will improve the Center position a lot in the short term.

Jensen

I really thought we would have gotten more out of Bugstad than we did.
    Doesn’t play heavy, a bit slow, not good on faceoffs.

Wouldn’t giving some of the youth his ice time help the team more.

Agree x2

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dumba will always have value because he’s a young right-shot defenseman who can skate, those players are hard to find. The biggest issue with him is his injury history, he’s been incredibly lucky avoiding serious injury, at some point that luck will run out. His defensive lapses are assumed because he’s an offensive minded player, you put him on a team with a legit passer on the powerplay and he could be lethal.

My bet is that if he’s not traded by the xpac draft (to a team who has a protection slot available – very limited) he will be right after when teams have post xpac draft clarity. My guess would be to Philly… I see Seth Jones going to the Kings..

tswoboda

Not sure what people were expecting from bjugstadt. He was going to get bought out by Pittsburgh if the wild didn’t take him for free at half salary.

Now he’s on a sub $1m contract and can sit in the press box or be buried in the minors if there’s not room for him. He’s a good insurance policy for injuries or if young guys like Boldy, Rossi, or Dewar aren’t ready. The wild are cap strapped for the next 4 seasons and need NHL vets on contracts like that.

I think Parise starts next year on a line with Fiala, and Boldy eventually takes that spot.

Media speculation continues that GMBG makes a side deal with Seattle…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dumba will always have value because he’s a young right-shot defenseman who can skate in one direction

There, I fixed that for you. mrgreen

If the guy he’s on changes direction he’s done…..

Ripjiggen

Not sure what people were expecting from bjugstadt. He was going to get bought out by Pittsburgh if the wild didn’t take him for free at half salary.

Now he’s on a sub $1m contract and can sit in the press box or be buried in the minors if there’s not room for him. He’s a good insurance policy for injuries or if young guys like Boldy, Rossi, or Dewar aren’t ready. The wild are cap strapped for the next 4 seasons and need NHL vets on contracts like that.

I think Parise starts next year on a line with Fiala, and Boldy eventually takes that spot.

Media speculation continues that GMBG makes a side deal with Seattle…

I for one wasn’t expecting much. Thought it was crazy they started him on the first line out of the gate but they were pretty desperate for centers.

Dumba has value but if he is passed in xpack the wild will almost certainly be forced to trade him financially which takes some of their leverage away. He is just one piece and may not be the most important piece in a trade which was a thought by many not long ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 2,851 through 2,880 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.