2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

New Rossi video released, I usually don’t put much weight in a skills drill video, but my lord is this kid putting in the work! He looks fantastic for somebody who was forced to sit on the couch for the last 6 months! Kaprizov has to feel good about the prospects of his future center!

tswoboda

New Rossi video released, I usually don’t put much weight in a skills drill video, but my lord is this kid putting in the work! He looks fantastic for somebody who was forced to sit on the couch for the last 6 months! Kaprizov has to feel good about the prospects of his future center!

Am I the only one that thinks posting these training and workout videos on social media is a little weird?

Ripjiggen

No more weird than posting on a fishing forum and commenting on how good someone looks in individual skating drills. lol
    Seriously though a lot of athletes post workouts on their social media pages.

JoeMX1825
    MN

He’s not personally posting them… its mostly his proud dad and likely members of his agent’s marketing team…

KP
    Hudson, WI

Glad to see him putting in the work and I just hope it translates to the real ice time. I wonder if GMBG will still hold him back like he did with Boldy and let him develop more.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well it’s over…..Now let’s get Parise off the books!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hi whistling

JoeMX1825
    MN

Well it’s over…..Now let’s get Parise off the books!

Hopefully it’s a trade & buyout…

Congrats to Tampa on winning the cup and on winning the cap circumvention games. The NHL has to close that loophole asap, Tampa is laughing at Bill Daily and all the teams that did everything they could to stay cap compliant all season.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

roll

By the way, it is Champa Bay.

CaptainMusky

I would have liked to see an under $5 per year contract with that much term (something like $4.75), but IF he builds upon this season’s offensive explosion it could be a bargain in a year or two.

I knew Ek was going to get done first, now the real work begins for GMBG…

Trying to get caught up after a week in Houston and the sweltering heat. Spent a day in the Gulf fishing and it was 107 when we left the water. Needless to say, my winter coat has melted off.

Regarding Ek, many projections had him getting $6M per so this contract term and value is a huge win for the Wild and BG. Shows Ek wants to be here long term and that he is thinking about the team and ability to get others signed. Great signing.

Bjugstad is a good signing too. No risk there at all.

Regarding the Rossi video, that was posted by a training firm who undoubtedly is using it to showcase their capabilities, etc for future work. He is looking fantastic. Far ahead where I thought he would be. Doesnt appear to have lost a thing which is amazing.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Incoherent Kuch…

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”Hilarious Nikita Kucherov postgame interview: ‘It’s f–king back-to-back'” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/RfwEHN7rEvY?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

First game back in Montreal next year should be good )

tswoboda

No more weird than posting on a fishing forum and commenting on how good someone looks in individual skating drills. lol
    Seriously though a lot of athletes post workouts on their social media pages.

You’re right, everyone oogling over how good he looks skating around cones and attack triangles is definitely weirder. Although to be fair, I remember Oshie at MN Hockey Camps around the same age just stationary stickhandling in the corner all day and going to Zorbaz every night.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Incoherent Kuch…

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”Hilarious Nikita Kucherov postgame interview: ‘It’s f–king back-to-back'” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/RfwEHN7rEvY?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

That’s how you become the most hated player in the NHL. That’ll happen when you only drink once a year and that day they put a mic in front of you.

CaptainMusky

That’s how you become the most hated player in the NHL. That’ll happen when you only drink once a year and that day they put a mic in front of you.

Yeah, its not a good look, but its “in the moment” when you are so jacked up and just incoherent rambling. I dont hate what he said, but to be honest, I dont blame the Hab fans for going nuts after that win in game 4 because its been a floundering franchise for years and fans havent really even been able to be in attendance due to everything.
    Minnesota fans no doubt would have acted the same myself included had they been in that position “because its the Cup”!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

He was obnoxious last year during the boat parade too. I hope someone checked in on him this morning.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think Patrick Maroon was more obnoxious than anybody else last night, I know nothing of his personality, but it sure appeared like he was all about himself during the on-ice celebration…even holding up 3 fingers during the “team” picture to indicate “his” 3rd straight cup… I thought it looked bad especially for a role player…I’m sure he’s loved by the hometown fans like Reeves is in Vegas though…

I thought it was interesting how humble and away from the spotlight Brayden Point was…imo he should have been the 2nd guy to hoist the cup after Stamkos as he carried the offense for that team the first 3 rounds…Tampa’s star core gets all of the attention for mostly just powerplay success, but their role players are by far the best in the NHL, even plugging in a rookie that has an impact…

Ripjiggen

Congrats to Tampa and to Ryan McDonagh.
    Great player even greater guy.
    Had to be a fun last 18 months or so as a Tampa sports fan.

CaptainMusky

Had to be a fun last 18 months or so as a Tampa sports fan.

I wonder what that feels like.

tswoboda

McDonagh made my cage touch my face in high school. Absolutely blew me up with an open ice hit, so I’m obligated to not like him (sarcasm) smash

Had some buddies in college that grew up with Ryan and they all loved him. Happy to see a MN guy like that get 2 cups! He’s the real pride of Cretin Derham Hall.

JoeMX1825
    MN

OK Wild fans, so what’s the pulse on a potential Parise buyout tonight?
    There’s ZERO chance he’s traded to a team with the intention of playing for them due to the poison pill recapture penalties that could come back and bite the Wild, so it’s either one of these 3 scenarios:

1) He’s traded before the expac draft (freeing us up a protection slot) to a team with an abundance of capspace like Arizona/Detroit/Seattle/Ottawa with the sole intention of them buying him out and taking on the cap hit so they can more easily hit the cap floor while only paying a fraction in actual dollars. This will likely cost the Wild futures and/or prospects and it’s possible the Wild eats some of the caphit (50% max) to make it happen. (I see Arizona as the most likely to do this)
    2) The Wild simply buys him out and eats the full 8 year caphit
    3) There’s no trade options available and GMBG doesn’t want the 8 year caphit so they intend to play Parise somewhere on this team until his deal is up or he has to legitimately retire early due to injury.

It’s either now or never, it makes ZERO sense to buy him out AFTER this season…

KP
    Hudson, WI

This is just a complete guess but I have a feeling that Parise will be on the team next year and he plays out his contract or retires early. I just think it will cost too much to try and move him.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I forgot to mention that on Russo’s most recent podcast the other day he said his “Spidy” journalist sense told him something was brewing between the Wild and Parise’s camp, he said both sides had gone completely quiet and in his world that typically means something is up, we shall see…

JoeMX1825
    MN

This is just a complete guess but I have a feeling that Parise will be on the team next year and he plays out his contract or retires early. I just think it will cost too much to try and move him.

I just think Zack is too stubborn to accept the 4th line role for that to work without adding a ton of drama to the team each game to see if he’s in or out of the lineup…

I really think the Arizona trade/buyout angle has some possibility to it, we know they are a franchise that just wants to hang on and keep it’s league position at a bare minimum until either a new buyer comes along or they move to a more lucrative city. They lost their 1st round pick this year so picks and prospects will look very appealing to them, and the real dollars needed to buyout Zack are very minimal…

CaptainMusky

They lost their 1st round pick this year so picks and prospects will look very appealing to them, and the real dollars needed to buyout Zack are very minimal…

I forgot about that aspect of it. My buddy’s kid was one of the players they “tested” at that camp. At the time he didnt even think anything of it.
    The best alternative is he is bought out by another team and we retain some salary. It will then allow for ZP to find another team to play for where he can perhaps play the minutes he thinks he should be.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I forgot to mention that on Russo’s most recent podcast the other day he said his “Spidy” journalist sense told him something was brewing between the Wild and Parise’s camp, he said both sides had gone completely quiet and in his world that typically means something is up, we shall see…

Heard that too. Not sure which outcome is worse. Him being on the team next year and bitching every night or moving him, eating a lot of his salary AND giving up picks. He probably could be a serviceable fourth liner if he’d actually accept it (even though his $$ would still be killing the team).

Ripjiggen

Well the only way they can sign KK and Fiala is to move some money. Sounds like Fiala wants KK money. Bill has a lot of moving parts to consider. I am just hoping this team can keep improving and can make a run in a couple years.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well the only way they can sign KK and Fiala is to move some money. Sounds like Fiala wants KK money. Bill has a lot of moving parts to consider. I am just hoping this team can keep improving and can make a run in a couple years.

That was something Russo said on the podcast as well. KK money and term. Don’t see that happening. BG seems to stick with his guns too so I don’t see him playing around with Fiala on that for too long.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Looks like Tarasenko will be available also.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The team can afford to pay Fiala pretty well for about 5 years, then Rossi and Boldy will likely be coming off their bridge deals and will be looking to get paid (if they hopefully pan out) That gives GMBG a 4-5 year window to make his run with this core and keep costs somewhat in order…

Reminder (if not traded sooner) in 2 years Dumba is off the books, 3 years Zuccarello is off and in 4 Parise and Suter go away. That’s $27+ million off the books, so GMBG can pingpong around those dollars.

Viewing 30 posts - 2,881 through 2,910 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.