2020 Ice Conditions

• uninc4709

Can anyone give a status of the ice conditions? Anyone venturing out there?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I saw portables stretching across the river in Bayport sat morning.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

drove across the Stillwater bridge Sunday and there were some portables on both the WI and MN side.

Mitchell Egge

Hey everyone, hope 2019 fishing season has treated you well. I am planning on heading down to fish around the Stillwater bridge Friday morning. I haven’t ice fished this part of the river before I typically fish North where the ice is very sketchy. I just want to know where the best place to access is, as well as if it’s safe to bring a wheeler?

The picture is what I’m thinking. Of course I’m aware of the warm water discharge.

Any help is great.

Thanks for the read,

-tight lines to all

Attachments:
    1. A5C32DD7-5757-46D5-9453-4DE30CE5A3E8.png

Aaron Oakdale
    Oakdale

The best place to access would be Lakeside Park in Bayport. It would be a really long walk up to where you want to get to though. Not sure if it’s safe for an ATV yet but its gotta be getting close. Lots of good fishing straight across from Lakeside on the Wisconsin side of the river if you don’t want to hoof it that far.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

6-8 inches of soft ice around the Prescott area. A little more solid after todays cooler weather

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

6-8 inches of soft ice around the Prescott area. A little more solid after todays cooler weather

Wow that’s surprising. After the past few days and the receding ice I thought it was toast for a while.

Brandon Dummer

Anybody have any ice reports around the Bayport area. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.