2017 Archery Buck

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I was finally able to close the deal on my last day of archery hunting for the 2017 season and put my tag on this metro area buck. After 15 miles of boot time last Sunday to find the right scrape line and the 1st snowstorm of the season to put this guy on his feet during daylight gave me the opportunity I closed the deal and made the most of my 1st Three Rivers Park management hunt. To make it even better being close to home Kellie and the boys were able to come help with the recovery and I got to give them their 1st lesson in tracking and scouting for deer!

Attachments:
    1. 2017-Deer-3.jpg

2. 2017-Deer-1.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Awesome Will !! One of those times when everything just falls into place like a dream. Congrats… bow

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Here are a couple pics of teaching the boys about scrape lines. For anyone who may be new to hunting or unsure of what to look for when trying to pattern a buck, these pictures represent a clearing that I had found with multiple scrapes. What made it most attractive to me was there was a pinch point with a trail leading into the clearing and a scrape line coming in from an area of thicker brush where he would bed down for the day.

Will

Attachments:
    1. The-Boys.jpg

2. Scrape-Line.jpg

3. Hunter-Finds-a-Scrape.jpg

Aaron Kalberer

Beautiful deer, way to get the kids out there as well! Congrats!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Great Job Will, with the kids and the deer. toast

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.