2016 Mille Lacs Regulations

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Jon posted this in my other thread but I thought it might be useful to give this it’s own post since regs change so fast I wasn’t even complete sure where the pike and smallmouth regs ended up…

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/millelacs_dynamic.html

This lake has special fishing regulations that differ from statewide or border water regulations for those species identified below and take precedence. Unless otherwise mentioned all general regulations, seasons, limits, possession, transportation and border water regulations apply including all tributaries from the mouth upstream to posted boundaries

Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass: Bass season is open May 14 – February 26. Prior to May 28, all largemouth bass and smallmouth bass must be immediately released. Beginning May 28, combined possession limit is four, with only one bass over 21″. All bass 17″-21″ must be immediately released.

Northern Pike: Possession limit is five, with only one greater than 40″. All northern pike 30″-40″ must be immediately released.

Tullibee (Cisco): Possession limit ten.

Walleye: Catch-and-release only. All walleye must be immediately released.

Night Closure: From 10 p.m. on May 16 through 12:01 a.m. on December 1. Nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., no one may fish for any species, except while: 1) muskellunge angling – beginning June 6 – muskellunge may be targeted with artificial lures longer than 8″ or sucker minnows longer than 8″; no possession of tackle or bait not specifically used for muskellunge; and no possession or targeting of species other than muskellunge; or 2) bow fishing for rough fish, but angling equipment may not be possessed, and only rough fish may be in possession.

No culling or live-well sorting: Fish taken into possession are considered part of an angler’s bag limit and cannot be exchanged with another fish. However smallmouth bass and largemouth bass may be culled following statewide culling rules.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.