1st time owning a snowmobile

• Ike Sell

A new Ski Doo Expedition Sport followed me home. I’m setting it up for ice fishing. Looking for recommendations on setting up the suspension so it will work well loaded up and pulling an Otter Pro medium sled. Will stock manufacturers setting be ok? What should I consider doing to make it work best?

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

The expedition is set up as a 2 up sled so the suspension should be set up fine from the factory. You didn’t mention if you have the 2 stroke or 4 stroke model. Depending on your weight and what you are planning on carrying on the sled. If the sled seems to plow when you steer you will want to increase your rear spring pressure the dial goes from 1-5. If you look at you manual it will explain how to set your suspension. I have a 17 900 ace expedition LE and I carry my shack on the sled I weigh 265#’s I have my rear suspension at 5 and my front shock at max. You will love the sled.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200314_160321_01.jpg

Ike Sell

Ya ok, it’s a 600 efi 2 stroke engine, I weigh 225 and will be solo most of the time. I’ll mount some kind of tote behind the seat to carry maybe up to 50 pounds of gear. Most of the heavy stuff will be in the otter sled. I pulled the Otter last year with a shoulder harness so my mobility will be going way up.

jumpingeorge

you’ll want anything remotely breakable out of the otter and on the snowmobile.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.