1992 Mercury 15 HP Pink Diaphragm Seal Replacement

• jetted77

Hello,
    I have a 1992 15hp Mercury. Gas was leaking out of the diaphragm on the carburetor. I took it apart and noticed a pink seal that the diaphragm needle inserts through was worn and broken. The pink seal is a cyclindrical ring that inserts upward into the bottom of the diaphragm body. I pushed it out from the top, out of the bottom.
    I have looked at the carberator diagrams for my engine and learned I need a carburetor repair kit (#19269 or #1395-8237072). This kit is $130 and I only need a .50 cent plastic seal. I see a pink plastic seal in the repair kit photos but am unsure if that seal is the one I am looking for. Does anyone know if the repair kit I am looking at contains the part I am looking for? Does anyone know a specific replacement for the part I am describing? Any other ideas?
    My best guess is trying to find a scrap carburetor and remove the piece I am missing.
    Thanks yall!

Iowaboy1

boats.net has that 19269 kit for 112 and change.
    Some of those older mercurys require you to buy a factory kit, no way around it.
    With that old of a motor its time to go through the entire carburetor anyway.

jetted77

You’re right that it probably couldn’t hurt to go through everything. Its my first time ever working on a outboard or a carburetor… I figure don’t fix what isn’t broken. Especially over such a small piece. Thanks for the link to the site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.