1981 Lund Tyee

• Bob Bessman

My bilge pump quit working on my 1981 Lund Tyee. Does anyone have any idea how to access the pump to replace it.
    Thanks for any help

James Almquist

My guess is that you have a round access cover right in front of the motor. It should unscrew to give you access to the pump. The other thing is to make sure you did not blow a fuse. If you turn it on do you hear any noise? Hope this helps but I am going off of my old Lund and am guessing they are similar.

Bob Bessman

I did check the fuse and it was not blown. I will check for the access cover next time I am at the boat. It is stored about an hour and half from where I live. Thank you for the reply.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Bob most of those are very hard to access. I hope your arms have a few extra joints to bend through that access cover. whistling

Bob Bessman

mxskeeter, that’s what I’m afraid of.

Umy
    South Metro

My 89 Tyee was a bear to reach. had to have my youngest get in there with his arms or my wife. Just gotta be patient

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I had a shop replace mine. Hurt my wallet some but not my back, arms, wrists or hands. grin

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I’d plan on buying a new pump (cartridge type, so you can replace motor easily when it goes bad) and going for a full new install. As others mention it may be difficult to get to. Even my 2018 Impact was tough to put in a backup pump due to having to work through two access panels, but it’s doable. Take your time make sure all holes are sealed up nicely and make sure you place it such that it’s easier to access next time.

Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.