1-24v or 2-12v lithium batteries

• CaptainMusky

It looks like Stealth1 does have options that work with a 12v flooded/agm starting battery and single 24v or 36v Lithium trolling battery.

Yep mine will do up to 36v but I am just 24.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I just purchased two Dr Prepare 100AH lifePO4 batteries for $209 each delivered, since my LA`s were on their way out nothing to lose if they last six years I am good with that for the price, if they go longer money in my pocket.

tswoboda

I just purchased two Dr Prepare 100AH lifePO4 batteries for $209 each delivered, since my LA`s were on their way out nothing to lose if they last six years I am good with that for the price, if they go longer money in my pocket.

Prices like this will make deep cycle flooded and agm batteries go bye bye very soon

CaptainMusky

That is correct T! It will be interesting to see how they stand up.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I haven’t read through the thread, but I have an Amped Outdoors 24V 50ah for my 80# Terrova and get an 11 hour run time on it. More than enough for a couple outings for me.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I haven’t read through the thread, but I have an Amped Outdoors 24V 50ah for my 80# Terrova and get an 11 hour run time on it. More than enough for a couple outings for me.

I’ve been happy with my Amped Batteries and Matt is a great guy and will help you out whenever needed.

I know multiple buddies that guide and use his batteries, I don’t know of a single failure.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I just received my new Amped outdoors 24v 80AH battery yesterday. I did a lot of research about battery manufacturers and settled on Amped. I also went with amped outdoors recommendation to go with one 24v instead of two 12v. It weighs 31 lbs, so in addition to saving my back, there won’t be as much weight in the front of the boat. I have a Lund Impact 1875 with a force trolling motor.

I am looking at that same battery and using the amped charger too. Were you able to mount the charger in the boat?

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cooperman wrote:</div>
    I just received my new Amped outdoors 24v 80AH battery yesterday. I did a lot of research about battery manufacturers and settled on Amped. I also went with amped outdoors recommendation to go with one 24v instead of two 12v. It weighs 31 lbs, so in addition to saving my back, there won’t be as much weight in the front of the boat. I have a Lund Impact 1875 with a force trolling motor.

I am looking at that same battery and using the amped charger too. Were you able to mount the charger in the boat?

The charger Amped provides with 24v and 36v batteries is waterproof and can be mounted in the boat.

To my knowledge, Amped Outdoors Batteries and the 24/36v chargers are the same as Millertech, which seems to be very popular with the Bass guys.

Cooperman
    Nevis, Mn.

My boat is still in storage, so I have not mounted the charger yet, but I don’t anticipate any problems mounting the charger. its a really nice charger, well constructed.

Stanley

A little update. I went with an Amped 24v 80ah. Like I mentioned I use a lot of spinning rods so now the reels can hang down and it’s easier to fit them in the rod storage. I will have to leave the battery cover off though but I don’t think it will be a problem. If need be I can make something to cover just the battery.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3572-scaled.jpeg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Its funny you brought this up. I just installed the same battery in mine. I do have the cover over mine as i dont have a ton of spinning setups in the locker. Good choice! waytogo

Stanley

If I used more baitcasters I may have went a different route or would have put the cover on but I have never had more than 2 baitcasters mixed in with my spinning gear. Usually it’s all spinning and I run reel covers on all my reels because I’m picky like that and don’t like scuffed up reels so they take up more space. jester

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Tom any review info yet? I see they are $179ea now

Dr Prepare 100AH lifePO4 batteries

CaptainMusky

That is pretty slick a 24 volt sits in the same size as a 12?! Whoa game changer! I might have to upgrade.

mojogunter

a 36v 60Ah battery is the same size as a 12volt lead acid 31 series battery

That is pretty slick a 24 volt sits in the same size as a 12?! Whoa game changer! I might have to upgrade.

CaptainMusky

That is amazing! I only have a 24 volt system, but wow technology is coming a long way.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

That is amazing! I only have a 24 volt system, but wow technology is coming a long way.

Its not cheap! But a pretty slick upgrade.

CaptainMusky

What do they run again for one of those? I may reconsider my life decisions unless I win big on pulltabs.

Stanley

What do they run again for one of those? I may reconsider my life decisions unless I win big on pulltabs.

List was $1139.99 with a 24v charger. I got a little off with the sale from scheels but still a big chunk of money.

It says group 31 on the battery so I would guess if you can fit a FLA battery the lithium won’t be an issue

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Going to jump in i have a flooded acid for the big motor and 3 12volt Redodo 100 amp lithiums . Have a Minn Kota 345 PCL charger and a Ulterra 80 . Called Minn Kota on an unrelated issue , he told me NOT to run brushed motors on lithiums at 100 percent very long if only briefly .The motor will overheat . The new brushless motors can handle it no problem . Wondering if anyone running a brushed motor has had this happen to them ?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m running 2 12v 100ah li time lithiums. I ran them almost 30 hours between charges on rainy river and was still above 40 percent battery power. That was on the river in 20 mph winds staying spot locked or sliding between spots all day for 2 consecutive days.
    I am very pleased with those batteries so far. They were 300 per battery, but on sale right now for 250. If I needed batteries I would be on them again in a heart beat

CaptainMusky

That’s pretty good BC! I reached out to Danny at stealth to find out in my dc charger works with lithium. I know I’ll have to get a new plug in charger.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I’m running 2 12v 100ah li time lithiums. I ran them almost 30 hours between charges on rainy river and was still above 40 percent battery power. That was on the river in 20 mph winds staying spot locked or sliding between spots all day for 2 consecutive days.
    I am very pleased with those batteries so far. They were 300 per battery, but on sale right now for 250. If I needed batteries I would be on them again in a heart beat

BC what trolling motor ?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

BC what trolling motor ?

Motorguide xi5 gps 80lbs 24v. I have a 17ft6 deep v windshield boat, the motor was working all day on spot lock in that wind ripping with the current.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That’s pretty good BC! I reached out to Danny at stealth to find out in my dc charger works with lithium. I know I’ll have to get a new plug in charger.

I upgraded to a noco 10×2. I had the 5×2 but it said it would take 20 hours to charge my batteries from 25 percent. The 10×2 had my batteries full between midnight when we quit fishing and 7am when I hoped back in the boat. So I was happy with those results.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

Going to jump in i have a flooded acid for the big motor and 3 12volt Redodo 100 amp lithiums . Have a Minn Kota 345 PCL charger and a Ulterra 80 . Called Minn Kota on an unrelated issue , he told me NOT to run brushed motors on lithiums at 100 percent very long if only briefly .The motor will overheat . The new brushless motors can handle it no problem . Wondering if anyone running a brushed motor has had this happen to them ?

That is a correct statement by the person you talked to at MinnKota. The manual states 85% throttle, but how often are you hammering down for prolonged period of time, 5-10 minutes? Are you moving spots frequently at 100% throttle? If so, just adjust and move to your next spot at 60-70%, and look at the sky for the extra 2 minutes. Pretty simple adjustment in my mind.

The motor just isn’t intended to see the higher voltage it will see on a long run at 85%+ throttle. Lithium does not drop voltage like a Lead Acid will. A lead acid will drop voltage at full throttle even for a short burst, then “rebound” once you get off the throttle, lithium batteries do not respond this way. They(lithium) will stay at, 38-39V(for a 36v motor) even when you max the throttle out, lead acid(complete guess I have not tested this) will be at something like 35-36v, resting voltage(fully charged) of a lead acid(flooded) will be around 38V.

Stanley

That’s just a sales pitch from minnKota to get you buy their new quest model trolling motors jester

Thanks for the info about lithiums and brushed trolling motors. I don’t want to ruin anything. I stay between 2-4 on the dial with my terrova most of the time with maybe up to 7-8 if I need to move quickly for something sort term.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.