WX2060 fisherman top

• to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Anyone have a fisherman top made for a WX 2060? I’m looking for something to provide shade for driver and passenger and zip in Eisenglass front, sides, and back only covering the front two seats for Salmon Trolling. I need to have the gunnels from just behind the drivers seat open for Riggers, rod holders, rod trees, etc. Just wondering if anyone has done anything similar or has recommendations on a custom top shop. I’m in Eau Claire WI, but would travel to the cities if needed.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Canvas craft here in the cities near Rogers does most of our custom work as you described.

Musky Ed

I fit a Solera Bimini top to my Wx 2200, same basic hull as your 2060. Fit it slightly different than on the Solera. Rear support mounts on the top of the side gunnel, on a one inch high spacer that I made, and the front support rod mounts similar to the Solera, only difference is that I am redrilling the hole for the snap button down a couple of inches for more height, to match the rear. Mounting this way, gave me a couple of inches more height than the way it is mounted on the Solera. Both my son and I are tall, and I didn’t want to have to duck. If you have a 2018 or 2019 2060, and want the top to fold down like on a Solera, it may not work with out moving an inner handle out of the way, and will not fold down if mounted on top. I will be trolling on Lake Michigan alot, and made sure there was plenty of clearance. The top has a zipper around the edge, and would assume that you could have side windows made to fit. I was going to go to a canvas shop to custom make a top, but it ment that I would have to bring the boat to the shop, an hour and a half away (Wi. Rapids), leave it there for a week, then go back to pick it up and hope it was what you wanted. Using the Solera top worked better for me. If I lived close to a canvas shop, I probably would have let them do it, and have herd good reports on Canvas Craft.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Canvas craft here in the cities near Rogers does most of our custom work as you described.

Thanks Dean; I’ll give them a call.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Thanks for the response Ed. I think I’ll go with Canvas Craft to make sure everything fit’s well.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

to_setter, please post or PM what you find with Canvas Craft, ie. timing, cost. I am considering getting a top for my 2060 also. I had a Canvas Craft Bimini that came with my Alumacraft. I was very happy with it. Check out what Bob Olson added to this post. The post I am trying to link is MY NEW WX2200 ALMOST DONE WITH RIGGING

My new WX2200 almost done with rigging

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I have a Dowco Bimini on my 2060… Personally not a fan. It goes on and off really easy, and made really well with awesome fabric, but it hardly does anything for the sun and rain. It’s pretty narrow. I wish I would have went and had canvas craft make one like Dean says. Mine does not have attachment to the windshield which I wish it had. I was up on Lac Suel Last year in a rain storm and cursing the whole way (36 miles) back to the boat landing wishing I had a better real top.

It’s basically taking up room in my basement haha.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Tops remind me of fishing rods, hard to have one to do everything well.
    I really liked the dowco for sun protection and is still fishable…..
    downside as Chris mentioned above.

Ryan

I put mine on in 2015. All glass zips off in 5 pieces. I can run the top without for shade. I use it for cold and rain. Williams Canvas in GB. Great job. Only 4 hrs away lol. I dropped off the boat, finished in 3 days.

Attachments:
    1. EE2BA75C-5CE5-4AE9-9A56-FBD3EDF59D14.jpeg

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Thanks Ryan. Looks like just what I’m looking for. Can the entire top be removed easily?

Ryan

Very easy to remove/install. 5 minutes. When not installed, it lays down inside the dance floor. The isinglass snaps to the windshield, 2 supports on the gunwale where the post sides into permanent brackets. These brackets have quick release buttons. Very slick and easy.

Tyler Adamsheck

I took my 2018 WX2060 to Canvas Craft this winter to have a Sun Top/Bimini top made. I decided to hold off after talking with them.

I had a Solera 189 with the factory top. That top spoiled me as its design is very nice. 1 support in front of the windshield, and 1 support behind the windshield – this leaves the back of the boat wide open for fishing, while providing good protection from the sun or rain. Canvas Craft wanted to have 2 supports behind the windshield which I was not a fan of.

Colbath in Elk River will be making a custom top replicating the Solera top for me. Quoted me $950 for the top, curtains can be added later with zippers. I will let you know how it turns out once I get it done.

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

I would also install a smiley for the driver to open on the fogged in drizzly days.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0215.jpg

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Pic didn’t go through let me try again

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0214.jpg

2. IMG_0215-1.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thats quite the top and load of equipment. You going camping for a month? grin

Musky Ed

Not sure what Ed, you are referring to, but if me, no I do not yet. Have the top, and have the rear brackets, with spacers made, and mounted in the Trax, but have not mounted the front brackets yet. Quite simple really, just have been waiting for some warm weather to go out in the garage for a bit. Also am waiting for two rod end replacement ball deals that go into the quick release brackets, like they have on the front support rods. When moving the rear mounting pads from the facing inside direction that they were designed for, to the upright position as I am using them, it will work better if all 4 bow ends are like the two on the front. The fit, and install height, we already worked out at SBC, by having 4 people hold the top in the position and height that I wanted. I’ll post some when I do it, but may have to wait till after the snow melts so that I can take it outside, as I am not sure that I have enough garage height under my garage opener.

Pauleye
    Onamia

Setter
    Good luck getting canvas craft to make Ryan’s top for you.
    I took pictures of his top to them and wanted it put on my WX2100. After listening to a litany of reasons why I should not make a top like this I went with a conventional stand up top.

Attachments:
    1. 15BD0A30-1BA7-47E0-8272-0B549643963E.jpeg

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Nipigon, spike camp 38 miles out for 8 days.

jerry stein

yup Ed Sandle would like to see some pics when you are done. thank you!!

Musky Ed

Just posted a couple of pics of my WX2200 with the Solera top I mounted, in my other posting. Check it out, was an easy job to mount the way I did, and if you are 6’4″ or less, you will clear without ducking.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.