Words of encouragement

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

To that one soul reading
    this.
    I know you’re tired. You’re fed up with everything that feels wrong. You’re so close to breaking and ready to check out. Look deep inside and see there’s strength within you even when you feel weak. Remember this:

Keep FISHING

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Tight Lines to you too Randy

Iowaboy1

Going ice fishing with EPG this weekend !! first time in about thirty years I have done any ice fishing, UGH!
    Wishing you a great day Randy !

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Going ice fishing with EPG this weekend !!

Depression takes many forms. shock

stevenoak

Find an elderly person, Veteran etc. Cook them a meal or do something for them. Can give you a feelgood moment, when they seem hard to come by.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iowaboy1 wrote:</div>
    Going <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>ice fishing with EPG this weekend !!

Depression takes many forms. shock

Might not be depression, I think these two together would cause anxiety jester

Iowaboy1

Odd?? I replied to this three times, I keep getting a redirecting notice and my replies keep getting kicked off, whats up with that??

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Odd?? I replied to this three times, I keep getting a redirecting notice and my replies keep getting kicked off, whats up with that??

Possibly filtering out negativity and sarcasm???? whistling jester jester jester

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

LMAO!
    I’m sitting cont Ed.
    People were looking at me because I started laughing.

stevenoak

Do you know the difference between an airplane and a bus? May not get that since you have over 2,000 posts. jester

robby
    Quad Cities

To that one soul reading
    this.
    I know you’re tired. You’re fed up with everything that feels wrong. You’re so close to breaking and ready to check out. Look deep inside and see there’s strength within you even when you feel weak. Remember this:

Keep FISHING

Thank You Randy. Needed this. And I need to go fishing. Sometimes I have gone fishing with God. Just me and Him. And we talk, laugh, cry maybe. But we fish together. I have also hunted with God. Same deal. And other times when I should invite Him, I fail to do so.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

No truer words spoken MR.Wieland.Thank You.

wkw

Thank You Randy! Good words!

Ripjiggen

Thank you Randy!
    And thank you IDO. toast

From Burbot to Bullheads Keep FISHING.

Iowaboy1

I have to tell this story, growing up on a farm encouragement often came at the stinging end of a paddle, or, when we were spoken to it went like this.
    YOU GET YOUR ARSE OUT THERE AND FINISH THE CHORES !! AND IF YOU GET THEM DONE ON TIME YOU MIGHT GET SOME SUPPER IF THE CATS DONT BEAT YOU TO IT!!

I gotta tell ya, that kind of encouragement thinking about an old stinking cat getting my supper gave me cause to get the job done right and right now if not sooner!!
    My folks were not mean, they just meant business.

Randy, my boat always has an open seat in it, come on down and I will personally show you how to not catch every species of fish that swim Iowa waters!!!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Wonderful words, Randy. Thanks for sharing. ♥

Brent Siebenaler

Wise words Randy.

May I add when any of us begin feeling like that, try to think about and focus on all the things we have in common with each other, the ways we are connected to one another instead of focusing on the things we believe divide us. 99% of us want mostly the same things out of life, whether we agree on the path that will lead there or not.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Wise words Randy.

May I add when any of us begin feeling like that, try to think about and focus on all the things we have in common with each other, the ways we are connected to one another instead of focusing on the things we believe divide us. 99% of us want mostly the same things out of life, whether we agree on the path that will lead there or not.

Well said Brent. I’m so sick of the division. Next it will be over single ply or multiply toilet paper.

Dad had another mini stroke and I’m at his side….watching the live coverage of Ukraine. Never thought Dad would be alive last summer and here we are looking at spring coming. No crystal ball to know if he’ll pass today or next winter. Very easy to get frustrated when a powerhouse of a father becomes your 86 year old child. I saw part of the above on a friends Facebook page and it reminded me that when things are brutally tough, I’m the powerhouse to my daughters, my wife, and most st important now is my father. Wish I could be out fishing more, but I’m “fishing” for those last memories

Some here know me well and to some I’m just another name on a forum. But if anyone is struggling with mental health, life circumstances, or whatever- I ALWAYS make time for fellow members here. Punks come and go, but some of the most genuine- sincere people I have met have come from this forum. It’s unique and I have an appreciation for it

Umy
    South Metro

Going ice fishing with EPG this weekend !! first time in about thirty years I have done any ice fishing, UGH!
    Wishing you a great day Randy !

Woo Hoo!!!!

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

My 19 yr old son and fishing buddy committed suicide a month ago. We couldn’t figure out his chronic stomach problems. Countless MD,s appts, colonoscopies, endoscopies, special diets. Nothing helped. He lost hope. My boat will feel empty. Your words helped. Quite an adjustment this fishing season. I will be talking to him while I’m in the boat.

Ron S

So sorry to hear this. Sometimes we just can’t come up with helpful words. Thoughts and prayers for both of you.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My 19 yr old son and fishing buddy commuted suicide a month ago. We couldn’t figure out his chronic stomach problems. Countless MD,s appts, colonoscopies, endoscopies, special diets. Nothing helped. He lost hope. My boat will feel empty. Your words helped. Quite an adjustment this fishing season. I will be talking to him while I’m in the boat.

I can’t pretend to know the circumstances or to fully understand the emptiness. If you ever need someone to listen, shoot me a pm and we’ll swap phone numbers. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

We couldn’t figure out his chronic stomach problems. Countless MD,s appts, colonoscopies, endoscopies, special diets. Nothing helped.

Very sorry to hear about your son. Can’t imagine anything worse.

A guy worked with about 10 years ago had the same problem. (Well educated, married, 35ish years old, great job) He was convinced he was dying of lead poison. Turned out he had severe depression. It was all in his head. 2 – 3 weeks after starting on the depression meds and some therapy and he was cured of the stomach issues.

I only mention this here if there is someone out there reading this and has the same problems. Hope it saves years of agony on something easily corrected.

Great post, Randy!

-J.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

So sorry for your loss ssaamm! Thinking of you and your family.

Great post Randy, as (mainly) men and Dad’s on this forum we often are the support system for many in our real lives. That’s a very important role, but equally important is to talk about it with others when the burden becomes heavy. Reach out to friends, family or just online IDO friends. Every day is a great day to be alive, and tomorrow will be even better.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.