Peltier lake

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Made my first trip out on the ice this afternoon. Decided Peltier was in order for a quick fishing fix. Pulled into the lot and there was plenty of people out on the lake. Portables everywhere. This was good as I had left the auger at home just hoping to find a open hole or 2. About the 3rd hole I dropped the Marcum into there was fish on the bottom. Down went a Diamond jig with a euro larve on it and up came a crappie. ended up that that fish was the most active one for the evening. The rest I had to work for. A combination of Diamond jigs with larve and Shrimpos with no bait where able to coax in a dozen crappies for me this evening. Nothing big. Just average sized metro crappies. Thumping the diamond jig on bottom and then lifting it about a foot and holding it still worked to fool several fish. Other fish would swim right past this jig and hit the shrimpo that was about 1.5′ above it. One jig never did out fish the other tonight.

Sorry guys but I never did check the ice thickness tonight since I didnt even drill a hole. Im sure there is lots of good ice in the north metro for walking on right now. Make sure and be careful if heading off the beaten path.

Anyone else get out in the north metro over the weekend?

eye_hunter

i was out on peltlier too. had three flags but no sunnies or crappies. dont know where they went. I looked all over for them. two small perch, and that too 4 hours to get. thats about it. ice was 5 to 6″…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I found the panfish pretty much right in the middle of the big group out there. Finding them wasnt to hard. Getting them to bite was tougher.

Not sure what to make of your pike fishing. Might of just been a off day for them. I have heard from other that Peltier is a good pike lake. If I was fishing larger minnows with a single hook on the tip ups hooking the minnow closer to the head was a good option. Running the hook parallel to the minnow with the hook towards the head was good also.

eye_hunter

mike did you see that coke can that was left out there in the middle of the group. there was a dead crappier that was pretty big next to that coke can. did you fish around there? I was moving around trying to find holes that are not used too, could not get the fish to bite. what was your presentation to those fish…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Shrimpos and diamond jigs on 2 pound test line. wish I would of had a spring bobber with. They where biting pretty light. Euro larve on the diamond jigs and nothing on the shrimpos. Pounding the jig on the bottom helped bring the fish in.

schlankki
    otsego, mn

The ice season is just upon us and theres already trash on the lake i hope you picked it up. For we need to preserve the resources for our children and grandchildren.

eye_hunter

I wanted to pick up that coke can, but there was a fish next to it. I figured somebody was gonna come back for there fish and there drink. but next time i’ll be sure to pick it up…

nordern

I hit Peltier last night around 4:30. I figured that with the snow on the way it would be a good night. Unfortunately the fish were not as excited about the snow as I was. Took alot of coaxing to pull them off the bottom and more times then not they just came up to the bait and went back down. I did manage a few crappies but they were only in the 8″ to 9″ range; much too small to keep. Hopefully Centerville ice will build and I’ll try that this weekend. The good thing is that the ice was almost 8″ in the area I fished.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.