Bald Eagle

• mkanderle

Anyone been out on Baldy recently? I was out Tuesday evening, caught only a couple walleyes and some crappies in 14 feet off the East tip of the island. The most excitement was when my friend let his slip bobber go under for a little too long and snapped the line on the set Fortunately, his brother snagged the bobber a minute later on his jig and the walleye was still attached!
    I’m curious because we saw 8 boats stacked up on the hump in the north west side of the lake, we saw one group pull out a very nice stringer from that area at the end of the night. What’s the word?!?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Sweet story!

I know Bald Eagle can put out a decent number of fish early, but I don’t know anyone that has been out. What were the weeds like?

mkanderle

The weeds weren’t bad at all yet, we found a nice break line in the cabbage at about 12 feet where the crappies were hanging out.
    I haven’t been back out since Monday but I did drive past the lake Wednesday evening and the same hump had boats all stacked up on it again…they must be doing alright.
    Why is it that the walleyes always seem to be biting when I have to work?!?

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

try to do some vertical jiggin with either orange or blue jig heads and crawlers out there on that hump. see how you do.

shane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.