Tonka crappie

• mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

I’ve been fishing the west end for last five evenings. Water temp in coves/bays at 59 last night. Crappies are just not around in any numbers yet. Bass however are another story. Hate to think how many I’d catch if I actually tried. Anyone else got a crappie pattern going?

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

thanks Stan,
    have not been out yet, might try and get there on fri, if I do, I’ll check back and make a report. sure would think some of the warmer bays would have to be enought action to keep it interesting. Jack.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

A buddy said he has started to see a lot of bass cruising inside edges while crappie fishing. Water temps in the areas he has been fishing were 65+.

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

Been out last three days – water temps in low 60s. Bass and sunnies are still everywhere but crappie are still scarce at least those with a little size. Found a nice school last night in shallow mostly males. The bigger females don’t appear to have spawned yet. Somewhere in the next few days the slabs should really turn on. Also caught two bass pushing 5lbs so shallow I am surprised their backs weren’t showing. Saw some real bruisers just cruising along.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.