With IDO Complete, What Shows Are You Watching

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

So are we all going to jump on the Gillespie ship now? rotflol

I find myself watching Jason Mitchell, and Angling Buzz as well as the more professional youtube shows.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I watch Angling Buzz too. I also watch Muskie Hunter, Midwest Outdoors, and Angling Edge. Most of these are seasonal shows though, other than Midwest Outdoors.

Gillespie isn’t too bad either but I don’t make a point of watching it.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

I find myself going to YouTube for fishing shows, and most often find an In-Depth Outdoors show relevant to the season or species I’ll be fishing for next.

Gregg Gunter

I’ve been watching Clayton Schick. Wish I could get to Canada sooner.

FryDog62

I watch Tactical Bassin’, Milliken, etc. on YouTube. Enjoy the Lindners and Pennaz/Commandos because of the local lakes/rivers.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

There was a new one on this morning on Balley Sports Channel called Devoted Outdoors. Husband and wife ice fishing for Burbot.

isu22andy

Rods and reloads , 3 rivers fishing adventures , pig patrol tv, river certified for my catfish guys . For Mississippi anglers Angler X and between the bluffs are two I can watch . Can’t stand the overly professional guys . Boley has become almost un watchable with all his acme tackle and app ads .

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have not been watching any fishing shows lately. I am not sure if it that I am just been too busy or if IDO just set the bar too high. Gillespie comes on and my son looks at me and says “Dad, I can’t watch YouTube with people screaming and yelling. Why can you?” I agree and change it. There are a bunch of great shows out there. Way too many of them have too much screaming and yelling that I can’t stand.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I have not been watching any fishing shows lately. I am not sure if it that I am just been too busy or if IDO just set the bar too high. Gillespie comes on and my son looks at me and says “Dad, I can’t watch YouTube with people screaming and yelling. Why can you?” I agree and change it. There are a bunch of great shows out there. Way too many of them have too much screaming and yelling that I can’t stand.

Way too many BRO! For me to handle in most stuff. Gillespie is wild. We should start a fans of IDO series jester

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The Devoted Outdoors couple know what they are doing. Not sure how their show is but I know them from other things they’ve done. Very nice people.

Riverrat

TBH I never really watched IDO unless it was something that was in my region. You Tube is pretty good, but occasionally it makes up for it by having a screaming kid freaking out about every fish. If I’m watching on tv I want a show with a story, not instructions on rigging a slip bobber and watching that for 30 minutes.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I rarely watch fishing shows at all anymore (IDO included when they were still producing episodes).

It is so much more about networking with good anglers/guides than it is about the actual process of fishing. Knowing who to call during given conditions or times of the year and having the contact info is the biggest key to success for many productions beyond what lure, action, rod type, what a graph says, and so on.

Good for them for turning that information and networking into success…but it’s not why I fish or take time to watch shows

Justin riegel

The only fishing show I technically watch it Sobi on Youtube, and I would consider that a fishing show in the sense it is not like the old style format.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I like Larry Smith Outdoors, The Sportsman Journal and Keyes Outdoors. Personality wise, I think I would have a good day in the boat fishing with any of them. peace

-J.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I like Larry’s just have fun attitude. He does what he wants to and always has a good time doing it.

AK Guy

I like Larry’s just have fun attitude. He does what he wants to and always has a good time doing it.

No doubt (which is his favorite phrase).

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Keyes Outdoors

I forgot about this one. I watch that too. It doesn’t seem to be on for more than a couple months though when they start showing new episodes.

ThunderLund78

Mostly YouTube with NDYakAngler and Landshark Outdoors – who does an awesome catch/cook channel out of Florida and I love watching that, especially in the winter months. Fishaholic is another good Saltwater channel – it’s more escapism than actual techniques, for me.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.