Wisconsin – Spring Hearing Questions – Ban on Live scope and 360 Imaging

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Same with the salt water. These advanced technologies are allowing people to clean up. Especially commercial fisherman. The Chinese have technologies that absolutely rape the oceans. Decimating the tuna populations.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I do agree with you Wade, but I don’t think the common angler out there using live sonar has the sophistication or advanced equipment that tournament anglers do. Some of these pro rigs look more like interior of a commercial plane than a fishing boat. They have $50 grand in electronics alone. I don’t think that’s a fair representation of the recreational angler out there.

You do have a point though, and I think there needs to be some limitations. Right now its just an arms race to see who can outfit their boat with more technology.

basseyes

Maybe just put a barbless hooks regulation on ffs. If a live transducer is in the boat, all hooks have to be barbless.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Why would we consider banning FFS? Is it because you may catch more fish by using it?

If that were the case then why would we not want to ban electric trolling motors? This surely would change how we fish and be less effective overall. Would you desire FFS or your electric trolling?

Exactly ! How many are running spot lock , side imaging , down imaging or just plain 2d ? That tech helps some not all fisherman . Yet there are guys who excel using that tech and can catch the hell out of fish . Just watch Tom Boley . Do we still have game regs ? My god i drive 40 miles to fish a lake that has a 5 crappie bag limit ! Because i use a livescope to catch those fish somehow makes me a “CHEATER ” Yet i could use my Vexilar FL12 (which is real time) and that’s just fine ? Furthermore my last trip out i was using live scope and had 2 crappies on the ice in 4 hours . The guy i was fishing with had no electronics and was using tip downs he had his limit in 3 hours and was throwing them back . Meanwhile im struggling watching them look but not bite. Question for those who want a ban , what electronics are you using ? I don,t own an AR rifle have no desire to own one , millions of them out there ,millions of AR owners that have never committed a crime with one . Yet a push to ban them . Why ? Because some people got them and committed a crime . By pigeon holing all FFS owners as potential violators , game hogs , it’s no different than blaming the AR rifle owners for some nut job shooting a school up . Banning an inanimate object only opens the door to restricting more and more . Who knows next spring hearing just might have a proposal to ban electric trolling motors ?

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>OG Net_Man wrote:</div>
    Why would we consider banning FFS? Is it because you may catch more fish by using it?

If that were the case then why would we not want to ban electric trolling motors? This surely would change how we fish and be less effective overall. Would you desire FFS or your electric trolling?

Exactly ! How many are running spot lock , side imaging , down imaging or just plain 2d ? That tech helps some not all fisherman . Yet there are guys who excel using that tech and can catch the hell out of fish . Just watch Tom Boley . Do we still have game regs ? My god i drive 40 miles to fish a lake that has a 5 crappie bag limit ! Because i use a livescope to catch those fish somehow makes me a “CHEATER ” Yet i could use my Vexilar FL12 (which is real time) and that’s just fine ? Furthermore my last trip out i was using live scope and had 2 crappies on the ice in 4 hours . The guy i was fishing with had no electronics and was using tip downs he had his limit in 3 hours and was throwing them back . Meanwhile im struggling watching them look but not bite. Question for those who want a ban , what electronics are you using ? I don,t own an AR rifle have no desire to own one , millions of them out there ,millions of AR owners that have never committed a crime with one . Yet a push to ban them . Why ? Because some people got them and committed a crime . By pigeon holing all FFS owners as potential violators , game hogs , it’s no different than blaming the AR rifle owners for some nut job shooting a school up . Banning an inanimate object only opens the door to restricting more and more . Who knows next spring hearing just might have a proposal to ban electric trolling motors ?

this is spot on ^^^^^

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.