Lake Wisconsin Muskies

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Just a quick note to any of you muskie guys, Lake Wisconsin is as far as I know, an undiscovered muskie factory. While fishing for bass in the last two weeks, I have had three muskies over 36 inches in my boat, as well as a couple of follows during that same time. Small plastics were the baits we were throwing, I am sure that this would work for a while until the water temps climb a little. Anyway, if anyone wants anymore info, feel free to mail me. I will let you in on what I know. Good luck all

Bassman

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I wouldn’t call it “undiscovered.” More like a secret This time of year you have know idea what little baits they will hit. Makes it fun don’t it

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Sometimes, it can be surprising what they will hit, but that is what makes it fun. As far as the fishery, I have seen 45″+ muskies there, but rarely hear of anyone fishing for them. That’s ok, the lake gets enough presure from other areas. There are some monsters boats on it.

Bassman

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Boated a 41 inch musky last fall jigging walleyes. Have seen them caught up to 49 inches. I know of two people that fish it hard for skis. Definitely not a numbers lake, but there are some quality fish in there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.