A little help

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

I am not very familiar with Bago but I would like to give it a try for walleye. Years ago (at least 7) I fished it but the lake is somewhat intimidating to me. If I come out of the mouth at Oshkosh are there place or reef that are fishable. The only out place I have fished out of is Blackwolf point but again it has been a long time. I have a couple of maps of the lake but what is the real risk of hitting a reef since that is what is scary. Heard a lot of horror stories. I have a 16 ft mirrocraft with a 40h.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Derek

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

I just got home from Bago last night, and what a blast! I had never been there before so I was a little iffy myself.
    We had our best luck pulling crank baits in 17 to 19 ft. But we found out to catch big fish on cranks you need sun! All week long we had sun except Saturday and Sat we caught only little fish.. But when it was sunny it was great alot of fish over 20″ our biggest 5.94.
    Reef runners, rip shad, #7 shad raps <– glass perch was a really good lure for us!
    So if its sunny pull cranks if its cloudy pull crawlers, the winners of the MWC Tournament were pulling crawlers.

Good Luck

Heres a pic of the 5.94 I thought it was bigger but there was a 29″er caught that was only a bit over 7 pds???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.