Why a Honda?

• ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

…cause apparently you can sell them for what you paid for them, years later! LOL

I was casually scrolling c-list and was noticing the crazy high prices on Honda ATV’s. I bought an ‘09 foreman for $6k (Okay, I got more than 300 miles on it) but wow, glad to see this!

Attachments:
    1. 4C95DD20-2DF6-446B-BF86-FC190F53E30D.png

2. 7E78EA44-798B-4A52-8219-665306825D8A.png

Coletrain27

Selling price and asking price are 2 very different prices whistling

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Hey I just bought a new Honda 21 for just a hair over those prices.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Selling price and asking price are 2 very different prices

Exactly. Unless the seller drops the price, those 2 will still be for sale in the spring.

Grouse

Ripjiggen

Hey I just bought a new Honda 21 for just a hair over those prices.

I didn’t but that was my thought.

martyb

They just keep going… I have a 99 300 that I wouldn’t trade for anything

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I regret selling my 05 350. Was and still is a great machine. Buddy has it now and I always ask to buy it back

castle-rock-clown

My Yamaha Grizzly is only 8 years old and a real piece of $heit. I had to replace the battery for the first time already this spring. And it’s needed oil changes every so often. And…well, that’s it, but it still really burns my britches.

milemark_714

Those 2 machines are probably starting to chirp good now.Or maybe dealer inventory is down,and the rest are beat to crap used that guys are proud of?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My Father has a 2005 Rubicon. He uses it to plow snow in the winter and to haul deer in the fall but otherwise it mostly just sits in his garage the rest of the year and still runs as good as the day he bought it. He did replace the starting battery once and takes it in for preventative maintenance every 3 years.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

They run forever but there’s no chance I’m buying used at those prices. If I was in the market I’d be looking for new as others have said.

I’ve looked around passively since mid summer, but the wife feels convinced if we need anything we need a crew sized ranger with a growing family. I want nothing to do with one of those things given the turning radius, storing them, lack of maneuverability in the woods, etc. My preference would be a bare bones used ATV that is probably in the 500cc class, no power steering, and can still fit in the bed of my truck if needed. Unfortunately those are hard to come by from the looks of it.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Anything for outdoors has been hard to buy all year. When was the last time both boat and atv dealers sold out their complete stock of units.
    Several here in SW WI had nothing in inventory all summer. It is why used toys went up like crazy this year. If it was summer those 2 Hondas would of been gone in a heartbeat.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Not doubt this was the best ATV every made. We also had one, maybe ’98. Only reason it got sold was because of the larger Honda it got replaced by. When we sold it a year or two ago, thing still ran like a champ.

And how about those old big reds? I still see some of those 3 wheelers still kicking!

tornadochaser

I’ve been casually shopping for honda ATVs. Watched a 98 foreman in nice shape go for 3500 at auction last week. shock

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They run forever but there’s no chance I’m buying used at those prices. If I was in the market I’d be looking for new as others have said.

I’ve looked around passively since mid summer, but the wife feels convinced if we need anything we need a crew sized ranger with a growing family. I want nothing to do with one of those things given the turning radius, storing them, lack of maneuverability in the woods, etc. My preference would be a bare bones used ATV that is probably in the 500cc class, no power steering, and can still fit in the bed of my truck if needed. Unfortunately those are hard to come by from the looks of it.

My 21 is foot shift 520 no power steering. As bare a they make them. Solid axle. Everything a wheeler was built for. My can am ate power steering pumps like no other when I would beat on it in the swamp. So I opted for old school, and have no regrets

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If you hardly ride them and keep clean resale is high. Same with all brands. Probably a little more so with Hondas due to their reputation for longevity. I have a low mileage 2006 500 cat that is likely very desirable. They don’t break and have a backup recoil starter.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.