Who's caught a 20# + channel?

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dfresh wrote:</div>
    I live in Fridley and caught my personal best in N Minneapolis right across from the water works facility. 15lbs and that was 5 minutes from my house!

That’s the biggest channel I’ve seen come from that stretch, sweet fish! woot

I think the first mile or whatever above st Anthony does have big channels and not a lot of pressure. I’ve seen some caught. Upstream from that I think there are just too many shallow stretches. Any big fish that move up there probably drop down into the deeper sections down stream.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dfresh wrote:</div>
    I live in Fridley and caught my personal best in N Minneapolis right across from the water works facility. 15lbs and that was 5 minutes from my house!

That’s the biggest channel I’ve seen come from that stretch, sweet fish!  :woot:

I think the first mile or whatever above st Anthony does have big channels and not a lot of pressure. I’ve seen some caught. Upstream from that I think there are just too many shallow stretches. Any big fish that move up there probably drop down into the deeper sections down stream.

There are a lot of channels from the falls up to the Camden bridge where the navigation channel ends, pretty easy to get a 7-8# once a night. But with that said most my big fish come from the shallower stretches. The CR dam has put out a couple 10#s, as well right across from Dfresh got that big one behind the island had some nice snags that put out some big ones, as well around the 694 area has caught some bigger ones.

But I do agree concentrating around that bottom pool with the depths should have big fish, one of these years I’ll put in more time around there and hopefully find some.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

A buddy and I fish the St. Croix quite a bit (used to be every weekend before) for channel cats. Taylors falls area down to Osceola. We have caught quite a few over 20lbs.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I think I’ve caught a couple twenty plus in the last few years err every trip I go on. My buddy got a 30 plus last summer but that was pure luck. other than I took him to the spot and told him where to put his bait and netted it for him. I am just about to start this summer’s quest for that 45lber I know is here somewhere.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Well it’s about time you chimed in here Kev!

I was thinking of your Red River of Wisconsin the other day.
    It’s in the US, no worries about getting back into the States and as good of a chance at catching a biggun as the Great Red River of the North.

It’s looking like next year I’m freeing up…don’t be surprised if I’m knocking on your door in 2016!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ve caught a couple twenty plus in the last few years err every trip I go on.

Keep the pics of them HOGS Coming!!
    You sure caught some nice ones last year.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

I caught double 20#’ers at the red 2 years ago at the same time )

Also my biggest at 38×23:

Whiskerkev
    Madison

You are welcome anytime grass hopper.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.