which lake map?

• matthewkolden

I have an older HDS5 Gen 2 Lake insight. I never did have a gps map card for it, but wondering which one I should get.

I’ve seen some stuff online about these Genesis maps, or C maps or something? Or should I just buy the regular old Navionics card? There seem to be too many damn options out there now, i’m sure i’ll order something that turns out to not be compatible because why wouldn’t I?

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

I have both c-map insight hd and Navionic chips for my Lowrance. The c map is a lot better on the lakes I fish. The Navionic chip actually shows me on land in some places when I am the water. I have made maps with my Carbon and have downloaded several maps of lakes I fish that other people have made and uploaded to c-map Genisis social maps. Both these chips are compatible with your Gen 2. If you decide to go with c-maps I have a new (never opened) c-map Lake Insight HD for the central region I would sell for $100 New they list for $169

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I would look into the Navionics+ Regions chips. I am not sure where you’re located or where you do most of your fishing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.