Where to rid kitchen appliances?

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looking to get rid of a good working range and over the range microwave. Is there a place for needy families I can give it to ? Or do I just scrap them ?

brandyman
    West central MN

There is a habitat for humanity restore in Alexandria. They take good building materials and says appliances. Maybe one closer to your area?

wkw

Goodwill store ?

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Isn’t there a pile in the woods of your local wma? whistling

I really wish I had time to set up my own sting to catch the morons doing that crap.

If I wanted a true needy family to get it, I’d search out something like Brandyman suggested. To many people shop market place and even Goodwill to resell for profit. Just my opinion.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Goodwill won’t take them. Marketplace C List or scrap them.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

There is a place on ferry st in Anoka thay takes used applances

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

There is a place on ferry st in Anoka thay takes used applances

I’ll Google it. Thanks Don. The last thing I want to do is marketplace. I had them listed a while. 3 no shows and 7000 messages on the lady friends face book.was hoping a needy family could take them. But at this point I care less if some one wants them for free and makes money off them. I want them out of my garage

btyreprich
    Rhinelander, WI

We have a Habitat For Humanity store in my town under the name “Restore”.
    I’ve seen a used dishwasher and a stove in there so perhaps there is a similar store near you.
    Facebook’s Marketplace is also an option – just join local websites to reach the right people. Since moving into my home up north, I’ve used Facebook to get rid of items we no longer use but still have plenty of life left in them: kid’s wading pool, upright freezer, filing cabinets, etc.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thanks blackbay. I didn’t even know that was a place. And it’s not far from home

glenn57
    cold spring mn

set it out at the end of the driveway……put a for sale sigh…$300.00 someone will steal it!!!

whistling devil mrgreen

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

By my house on 195th st in Farmington. That’s where everyone else put’s them along with couches, tires, bags of leaves, etc

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

By my house on 195th st in Farmington. That’s where everyone else put’s them along with couches, tires, bags of leaves, etc

We have a spot like that here to, along the first road by the state land.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

ReStore in Brainerd even picks the up.

Jimmy Jones

Rochester has a ReStore that takes working appliances. They actually have a pretty decent business going there. When I want to get rid of used tools and such I them there. Mowers, snow blowers, string trimmers, etc I set on the curb and its usually gone inside of a half hour.

Back during Covid when the guberment was handing out $$$$ I decided to upgrade all of my garage/lawn stuff to Stihl: lawn blower, string trimmer, chain saw. I put the replaced stuff on the curb and wasn’t even back to the garage when a car stopped and a lady got out and hollered down to me asking if everything worked. I walked back up the drive and started each piece for her and helped her load it up. She tried to give me a twenty but I just said, next time you pay it forward. Got a hug and away she went.

We have Watson’s Recyling in Rochester too, really about half way from Roch to Oronoco, just off 52 from the last oronoco exit going south on 52, and you can take refers, stoves , washers, dryers, water heaters, basically anything metal out there and they have a drop-off pile that’s free. You have to do all the handling yourself, but free is free. Closed weekends but open 8-4:30 daily during the week. I’ve found appliances sitting on the roadside on gravel roads during weekend travels and have picked them up and taken them there on Monday to get rid of them.

Brittman

Not sure if the “dumpers” are lazy, cheap, or both. A lot of poor folks across much of rural MN and $20 is $20.

I often wonder if rural townships or counties had a free day twice a year or gave each resident a couple of “free” pick-up bed/trailer full coupons to the local dump or transfer station that the problem would decrease in occurrence (probably never go away).

It is not a MN thing … it is a country thing and I have seen it pretty much every state I have been in once you are driving off the beaten path. Probably goes on as much in the towns and cities, but that dumped crap usually gets picked up and disposed of properly.

blackbay
    mn

Does the ex live there? hah devil

CaptainMusky

BC don’t you know this should go in the the house appliance section for posts? Oh the humanity! LOL just messing with you

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If you live in the “right” area in town in today’s society set it by the curb with a sign that says $50 on it, and someone will for sure steal it. Whatever you do, don’t write “free” on it if you genuinely want it taken

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If you live in the “right” area in town in today’s society set it by the curb with a sign that says $50 on it, and someone will for sure steal it. Whatever you do, don’t write “free” on it if you genuinely want it taken

I live in a area where we don’t lock our doors. My wheeler and ice house have been sitting on the road on a trailer since I got home yesterday at 5pm. I don’t deal with any riff raff.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Eelpoutguy wrote:

Does the ex live there? hah devil

She now has enough to buy 195th st. flame doah

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.