Where has customer service gone?!?!

• jld
    Holmen

Short little rant but needs to be said for my sanity. Bought a pop up with zipper issue-two emails no replies. Bought a custom rod that delivered with a broken tip. Had to fight tooth and nail for two months to get it replaced. Last two days I have sent an email and a voice message to two different outfitters trying to reserve a sleeper on LOTW with zero replies or call backs. Guess it is on to the next place. I don’t expect people to just drop everything for me, just looking for simple common courtesy replies. I know I get back to people within hours at the very latest when I get emails/phone calls. Business must be booming out there. Frustrating.

Beast

Tell me about it, no reply from frabill about a issue I had going on a month now.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Pretty redicoulous… they want you to buy their product but no customer service after the sale!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

If they have a social media account, hit that up with your complaint. I had a shoulder mount that was past the expected completion time. I must of called and emailed over 2 dozen times in about a month or two. I was starting to panic. I found their Facebook account, sent one message (not to confrontational) with some disappointment and they called me within a few hours. All I wanted to know was how it was going.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Hate to say it, but Facebook Messenger seems to be one of the best ways to contact businesses and resorts nowadays. I don’t think I’ve every had one entirely ignored. Emails, on the other hand. . .

jld
    Holmen

That is not a bad idea with Facebook-never thought of that. I have never understood why these resorts put an email address on their websites and then never reply to anything. Little bit maddening.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Most look at e-mail as I’ll get to it when I have time, if people are serious they’ll call. Some people just choose to ignore both.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

If they have a social media account, hit that up with your complaint. I had a shoulder mount that was past the expected completion time. I must have called and emailed over 2 dozen times in about a month or two. I was starting to panic. I found their Facebook account, sent one message (not too confrontational) with some disappointment and they called me within a few hours. All I wanted to know was how it was going.

I caught a 21.5″ smallmouth, weighed 6.52 pounds. Brought it in 4 years ago to get it mounted and he said 3 months and it’ll be done. So 6 months go by and I call him up, he answers right away and says yep yours is next in line, he apparently got busy with something else. No big deal, would’ve liked a notice of this. Year passes and I call again and he’s apologetic and says he’s going to get started on it right away. Another 4 or 5 months go by and I call again, and never got a callback, and have tried a few more times and still nothing. At this point, my fish is so freezer burnt it’s not going to even be mountable. So needless to say I’m pissed off about this whole deal. Would strongly recommend avoiding a certain taxidermist in Walker MN.

MNBOWHUNTIN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bob clowncolor wrote:</div>
    If they have a social media account, hit that up with your complaint. I had a shoulder mount that was past the expected completion time. I must have called and emailed over 2 dozen times in about a month or two. I was starting to panic. I found their Facebook account, sent one message (not too confrontational) with some disappointment and they called me within a few hours. All I wanted to know was how it was going.

I caught a 21.5″ smallmouth, weighed 6.52 pounds. Brought it in 4 years ago to get it mounted and he said 3 months and it’ll be done. So 6 months go by and I call him up, he answers right away and says yep yours is next in line, he apparently got busy with something else. No big deal, would’ve liked a notice of this. Year passes and I call again and he’s apologetic and says he’s going to get started on it right away. Another 4 or 5 months go by and I call again, and never got a callback, and have tried a few more times and still nothing. At this point, my fish is so freezer burnt it’s not going to even be mountable. So needless to say I’m pissed off about this whole deal. Would strongly recommend avoiding a certain taxidermist in Walker MN.

Come right out and say the name of the place! Same with the OP, doesn’t help anybody to be vague on the companies that have terrible customer service. IMO no excuse to have bad customer service, if a company needs to get some bad rep online to straighten up so be it.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Walker Taxidermy.
    Owned by Pat Grimes.

That being said, I shot a 12 point buck in Idaho on a hunting trip, brought it to a taxidermist near me, told me 3 months tops to get it back, 2 weeks later calls me and said he got it done. THAT is how it should be done. Overestimate. If you think you can do it in 2 months, tell them about 4 months tops, just in case. Or just don’t lose some guys fish and then proceed to avoid his calls. I’m royally pissed off about it and get angrier about it every time I tell the story flame flame flame

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve said it many times. Customer service is a lost art. So many businesses could and some do gain a major advantage by making customer service their #1 priority. I’ve seen some rather large and previous successful companies almost go or actually go out of business over a lack of attention to customer service.

mrpike1973

When it comes to fishing stores or tackle manufactures I do a simple call them, if I can’t get there number or find it or it’s only a email us. I move along. Vexilar Kdrill awesome someone always answers or calls back very fast.
    Otter same thing, Abu Garcia call right back. Also free returns I found that out today on a fish house $40 bucks to ship it back. Plus they never show you the insides of some of the houses. It’s really sad there is hardly any customer service any more. When I find a company that I can call and they are good I support them with there products.

tim hurley

Your credit card is your friend-If you have an expensive item to buy from a vender you don’t know very well get the purchase on Visa. Visa will fight for you and they have leverage. (they don’t want anyone ELSE taking advantage of you!) Credit btw not debit. Good luck

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Hate to say it, but Facebook Messenger seems to be one of the best ways to contact businesses and resorts nowadays. I don’t think I’ve every had one entirely ignored. Emails, on the other hand. . .

This is what I have found too.

I know there are many that follow this forum that reject Facebook, and I did also until about 3 years ago. It wasn’t long that I found it isn’t as evil as some made it out to be. And I’m not the primary user’s age demographic, but I follow it frequently now.

The point is I suppose, is that a lot of my contact has been through FB Messenger. It does seem that it’s what more and more businesses are turning to because it is the way things have been trending and they recognize that.

Probably many people at these businesses are one their phones checking Facebook all day when they should be returning phone calls and responding to emails. mrgreen

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.