Where did they go…PM's

• Mocha
    Park Rapids

I see that all my messages were lost. Is there a way to retrieve them?

THX

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m sorry but that info is gone. Everyone was informed that PMs would not be transferred prior to the shut down and relaunch. Multiple times. Sorry, they cannot be retrieved.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Thanks for the reply James.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Oooopppppsssss….I missed that minor detail

igotone

I’m sorry but that info is gone. Everyone was informed that PMs would not be transferred prior to the shut down and relaunch. Multiple times. Sorry, they cannot be retrieved.

sounds like the IRS set up the site (lol)

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

sounds like the IRS set up the site (lol)

Well, not really. We told everyone in advance that we weren’t going to make a serious attempt at porting those over. It really just came down to cost. Doing a website conversion of this type costs tens of thousands of dollars and every time you throw more data migration into the project… the costs just keep piling up.

I guess I should have rang the bell louder and more often when we put out announcements letting people know that PMs would not be carried over.

The good news is the new messaging system on the new site is easily integrated with your email. I set up a “IDO Messages” folder in Gmail that automatically saves a copy of the messages I receive here on the site. So if something should ever happen in the future I’ll have a copy of the messages sent me off-site.

fishingdad

I wish you would have rang the bell louder about the PM’s there were a few I would have kept.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I did not get that message either, there was a few I would liked to have had.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The notice was in at least three of the announcements.

But the truth is if a person doesn’t check IDo regularly or look at what’s pinned to the top of the General Forum, or catch it on the front page in the News and Announcements, it does slip by.

I’m not being sarcastic like Pug would, it’s just the way it is.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.