What's your limit?

• michaelcfi79
    Twin Cities, MN

Well, looks like I’ll be testing my limits this weekend in Hayward, WI. High on Saturday is 0 (low of -19) with West winds gusting to 20 mph. Temps don’t bother me, it’s the dang wind.
    This is my first time fishing up there too so looks like my mobile hole-hopping strategy will be severely limited as well. Oh well, it’ll be an adventure!

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

This was about 30mph+ on Mille Lacs a few weeks ago. Once I banked in my 1 person clam to keep it from blowing away, I was set!

BK_ICEMAN_MN
    New Ulm

My Limit typically is depending on snow. There are times we’ve been on the lake and a big snowstorm moved in. My big fear is being on a lake without ice roads where we would end up stranded in the snow. The cold temps don’t bother me as much, in the hard sided house or a portable. As long as you plan and prepare right for the conditions, you can sit out there regardless of temps.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Sorry Ben, but I can’t count your opinion here either. Isn’t Ely in Ontario and doesn’t it snow there in June? I’m guessing the average winter temps here are close to what you get in May. Good news for you, you’ve got a lot of nice mild days on the ice ahead of you.

Shucks, well I tried.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.