What do you keep in your truck?

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Lots of good suggestions, but here’s two I didn’t see mentioned.

12-volt tire inflator. Tremendously useful for every time air is needed but isn’t close by. Trailer tires, ATV tires, etc, etc. Saves a lot of driving around to find air.

Also great in an emergency to air up a punctured tire just to move to a safer place to change the tire. I also carry a tire plug kit, which has come in handy more than once. Put a hole in a tire on a Canada trip and yeah, I’ve got a spare but there is no spare to the spare so I don’t want to be without a backup. Very reassuring to be able to patch your own tire if the need comes up.

Also, I have a 12 volt inverter. Just a small one, but great for recharging anything that needs 120 volts like laptops, cordless drill batteries, etc. Also great for running small tools like a chainsaw sharpener. Really a time saver.

Grouse

finman

Zip ties, tape measure, flagging tape, various hand tools, napkins, various otc meds, tire pressure gauge, jumper cables- my list is growing now!!!!!

Brad Dimond

Church key – pliers do in a pinch but why not have a church key?

Corkscrew – I started bringing wine to go with the Deer Opener Steak Fry several years ago but didn’t bring a corkscrew. We made do with a lag screw but a corkscrew works better.

Can opener – cheapie to open beans and such.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I won’t double up items so just adding a few.
    Clean pair of wool socks. McGuire’s leather wipes, great for cleaning up after dogs and stuff.
    A handgun.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Grouse:

I carried a tire patch kits as well and needed it once, but fortunately not in an emergency situation… the other thing I haven’t seen mentioned is a come-a-long… It served two purposes for me… before snow season, it was handy on the two tracks hunting in case a mud hole collected the truck and it needed a bit of assistance!!! Then in the winter on the lake (Bad ice this year, so not this year) along with a 6″ x 6″ post, drill a hole and hook up to the post with the come-a-long and pull your way out of stuck on the ice.

Mark

Dan Baker

Thanks a bunch Guys! It is really helpful. I’m super pumped to have the utility finally. One more question, do any of you remove the front air splitter in the winter to get more ground clearance in the snow?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Grizper

Ratchet straps, a moving blanket, a small socket set, more ratchet, jumper cables, tow strap, 3 tow recievers with a different size ball on each! Head lamp, Big channel locks, first aid kit, and some bungee cords.

Also, if you bought a chevy make sure you have a cell phone to call a Ford owner to tow you whistling

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

One more question, do any of you remove the front air splitter in the winter to get more ground clearance in the snow?
    Thanks,
    Dan

I have never worried about removing it and I’ve never had one break off.

sji

100 gals diesel fuel, 120,000 pound tow rope, truck box with two sets of tools, staking flags, about a bazillion zip ties, assorted log chains, two sets jumper cables, marking paint, GPS base station and screen, various laser equipment and for the last two weeks face masks, safety glasses and a tub of disinfectant wipes.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

1/2 inch breaker bar, 6 in extension, sockets for truck lugs and trailer lugs, cheater bar for breaker bar. Spare trailer hub (Fleet Farm has some). Tire Kit. Tow strap, wood blocks to use with jack or to chalk? the wheels. grease gun (if you have zerks on trailer hubs, spare hub dust cover or plastic caps. Hidden spare key.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.