What age did your kids stop believing

• michael keehr

Just wondering what ages everybody’s kids quit believing in the big guy. I thought my daughter would be done this year but with the pandemic and no bus ride to school she is more excited then ever. She is im glad she is so into it this year as everything has been so different. My son is 3 and I hope he can believe for a long time as well.

hnd

my kids figured it out pretty early on. it was now basically a chore to keep them from ruining it for other kids. We also had some close friends who really didn’t have much and the idea of santa claus giving more to our kids vs their kids didn’t sit well with us either.

that said, what i did was try and convince the kids that I believed in santa claus. I would put ski tracks and make shift reindeer tracks in the yard one year. I also one year even got on the roof and bounced around up there. Then quickly got down and ran into their room and was like “DID yOU GUYS HEAR THAT!!”. It was a lot of fun.

There is a story about them being at Panera Bread and seeing their first little person a few weeks before xmas but I’ll refrain.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

My youngest finally told me last year when he was 8 that he knew presents came from me…no big deal “Santa” will still leave them gifts

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Mine are 9 and 7 and still believe. The 7 year old told me yesterday that somme people don’t think Santa is real and then proceeded to tell me the many reasons that she knows he is real. grin

I’m thinking this will be the last year for the older, but we don’t want to run it for his sis.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Wait, what????

michael keehr

Good to hear its about this age. I know my daughter even when she finds out will put on an act for the younger one.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Wait, what????

A spoiler alert in the subject line would’ve been nice. Me being 36 years old this will make for a tough confrontation with my parents.

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Root wrote:</div>
    Wait, what????

A spoiler alert in the subject line would’ve been nice. Me being 36 years old this will make for a tough confrontation with my parents.

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There is no substitute for the innocence of a child. smile

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I think the girls quit going to church when they got in high school. Is that the big guy you meant?

B-man

Tell them when they quit believing in Santa the presents stop coming mrgreen

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

This kid still believes. I got to clown around with Santa and Heat Miser. Snow Miser was around somewhere too either looking for stink bait or Spam (not that there is any difference)

Attachments:
    1. 7B576E17-8B67-4AB4-8A88-C44A2FA6CD0F.jpeg

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Mine are 10 & 11 and are starting to figure it out. We haven’t told them anything other than that believers believe.

The funny thing is, they are questioning Santa, but were SOOO EXCITED for the Elf to return!? lol

Watching Christmas movies like The Christmas Chronicles or Tim Allen in The Santa Clause, go a long way in keeping the spirit alive!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mine are 10 & 11 and are starting to figure it out. We haven’t told them anything other than that believers believe.

The funny thing is, they are questioning Santa, but were SOOO EXCITED for the Elf to return!? lol

Watching Christmas movies like The Christmas Chronicles or Tim Allen in The Santa Clause, go a long way in keeping the spirit alive!

My 9 year old is still a believer he told me other kids in school twll him Santa is fake.
    I just smile and say Santa can hear those kids and knows who they are. I wouldn’t want to be those kids come x mas morning.
    The 5 year old obviously believes. She is in Florida right now as a birthday present from the brother and sister in law, we had to ship the elf with lol.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think many Kids stop believing in Christmas long before they tell their parents. They are smart enough to know once they say the words ” There is no Santa ” That is the day there is no more presents from Santa. No kid wants to wreck that.

Sharon
    SE Metro

This kid still believes. I got to clown around with Santa and Heat Miser. Snow Miser was around somewhere too either looking for stink bait or Spam (not that there is any difference)

That was a fun day, Randy! I’m the Heat Miser, then? 🔥 😁

I still believe in the spirit of Christmas, and always will. It’s a time of year where I see more generosity, kindness, love and merriment, and even forgiveness and if that’s not the true nature of the idea of Santa, then I’m not sure what is.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m the Heat Miser, then? 🔥 😁

That flaming red hair gives it away rotflol rotflol rotflol

Getting a few people figured out. So Mona must be Mrs Clause…. wonder if Brian’s FW is Mother Nature????

Attachments:
    1. 6FF3FDA9-B874-4F93-8F28-468E9A87DDC8.jpeg

ThunderLund78

my boys are 10 and 12 – and I think they both know (definitely the 12 yr old) but think that if they let us know they know then the Santa presents dry up! This may be the year. (that we set the record straight, we’ll always have some kind of santa gift)

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Root wrote:</div>
    Wait, what????

For the win ^^^.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Grouselet 1.0 firmly believed until he was 11. He’s a very sunny and trusting soul, so this wasn’t a surprise.

The youngest, Grouselet 2.0, inherited an old Bohemian soul and so is a bit jaded beyond his years. Shockingly, this year at the age of 9, he still firmly believes. He believes enough, in fact, that when the Elf on the Shelf appeared this year, he grumbled about it. When out of the Elf’s hearing range, of course. “Great. Now that elf is here watching my every move… Going to be a long grind to Christmas or it’ll be Lump of Coal City for me …”

Grouse

fishingchallenged

Tell them when they quit believing in Santa the presents stop coming mrgreen

^^^ We did this. I have no idea when it actually happened. Ignorance is bliss!

Whateverbites

the idea of santa claus giving more to our kids vs their kids didn’t sit well with us either.

-This is why Santa brings more modest gifts for the kids at our house. My 5 y/o still believes, but she knows that some come from mom and dad, others from Santa. We don’t ever want another kid to feel that they didn’t deserve something big from Santa.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

This is why Santa brings more modest gifts for the kids at our house.

We’ve adopted this practice, as well, though it doesn’t explain to our kids why Billy from school got a PS5 from Santa.

I was listening to our 1st grader’s online classes the other day, and a girl in her class annouced that the lost a tooth and got $20 from the tooth fairy. Our tooth fairy is a cheapskate! )

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

In my house Santa only brings each kid 1 gift. And its usually the big one.
    My thought on that was similar. I didnt want the kids telling others that Santa brought 20 gifts.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

What’s this BS about Santa not being real?!?!? That’s crazy talk!

michael keehr

I never mentioned Santa in my original post. I was shocked as well. I guess will be nothing for me this year.lol

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Stop believing in who??

Attachments:
    1. A4023B01-C02E-4439-8363-1C0263E51F85.jpeg

riverruns
    Inactive

As long as I’ve remembered and I’ve been able to set it out. It’s always been taken care of. Milk and cookies. They are out tonight.
    I’ll bet around 2:45am he’ll take care of his treat. bow

Attachments:
    1. 20201224_211624.jpg

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

3:05 am. I thought I heard a noise. Cookies and milk are still there. Getting a little worried….. whistling

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20201225_030601912.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.