Well, I lived through it

• Ripjiggen

Glad to hear you are doing well BK.
    So Spam and Hamms is a cure?

B-Man we get it. We know where you stand. Please post more pictures of you and your kids fishing I enjoy seeing and reading that side of your posts much more.

Alright, well I’m convinced this is clearly a giant conspiracy to temporarily take our freedoms (kinda) even though they can’t possibly do that permanently..,.wait. Oh I know, it’s a giant conspiracy to drastically hurt the economy with the goal of……
    Alright, I don’t get it

B-man

The media had me panicking like 90% of other people right away. I admitted then and I will again now. I did my own research and came to the conclusion that it was serious, but overblown.

If you’re hiding in your house full of fear, get outside and enjoy the great outdoors guys yay

You and your kids need the germs, we got a nice dose of fish bacteria on Saturday )

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200425_132942.jpg

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

If someone has stage 4 lung cancer and they have Covid19… and they expire, what cause is listed today ?______________

If it had been 4 months ago and they had the flu and expired, then what cause was listed ?______________

I’m not a medical doctor but I think it should be died from covid19/flu/pneumonia as complications from lung cancer. That obviously doesn’t fit well with giving a daily total of new deaths. And remember these guidelines come from the CDC that is over blowing the numbers. Sounds like someone over there needs to get fired!

I should apologize G. I should have mentioned on the first response that it sounds like you and your wife recovered from whatever you had and that of course is the most important outcome of all these silly conversations.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

B-man good you made an informed decision we can keep learning.
    I just found out by holding down on the u on my phone a bunch of u’s are shown with symbols over them. Now I have to figure what those symbols mean. waytogo mrgreen

The media had me panicking like 90% of other people right away. I admitted then and I will again now. I did my own research and came to the conclusion that it was serious, but overblown.

If you’re hiding in your house full of fear, get outside and enjoy the great outdoors guys yay

You and your kids need the germs, we got a nice dose of fish bacteria on Saturday )

This question is against my better judgement because it probably will be unproductive, but I have to ask, just out of curiosity. I would assume that when you did your own research most of that was sourced from media. If a lot of media is just trying to scare people, how do you know the media sources you used aren’t just trying to push people the other way? I think all media suffers from the same pitfalls of bias (money, political influence etc).
    This question I am going to qualify by saying I genuinely mean no offense. That being said, what makes you think you have the background to evaluate a situation like this and make an “informed decision.” This is obviously very complicated. I say no offense because I know I don’t have the skill set to properly evaluate the data. I am in the camp of trusting the experts in a situation like this. It is not hard to find a doctor or two that goes the other way, a quick YouTube search will reveal some medical doctors that believe crystals will cure is of all diseases (Dr. Oz anyone?). Again, just curious

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I see what your saying here DW and I respect your question asked. Were all looking for answers and things don’t add up when it comes to the experts discounting each other and the mix of media. We’re left to our own conclusions.
    So can we just focus on learning

B-man

I didn’t use media much at all to form my opinion. I watched the data, and read the results of studies. Is all the data 100% accurate? Absolutely not, but it’s better than opinions.

Almost all media is biased and politically motivated (meaning none of it can be fully trusted). I don’t watch the talking heads when I get home after work, they all spew agenda, left or right, right or wrong, up or down, and it’s always twisted.

Even studies can have agendas, and must be taken with a grain of salt.

None of what I say is gospel either.

But at the end of the day, I believe this virus is over-blown, and the 4-10% fatality rates were and are BS. It’s not even close to that, but the media had everyone cowering in fear. Once the smoke clears, I believe we will find it’s a fraction of a percent, and the virus was far more widespread than any of us could have ever believed, and here much sooner than we were told.

We made some prudent decisions that I fully agreed with, some bad decisions, and some that just didn’t make any sense…. specifically when state governors were making their own calls.

The economic fall-out from this is going to be far more devastating than the virus itself. That’s what really scares me.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If you really look at the numbers and who is being harmed by covid… it is very close to the flu. If every time someone got the flu, or was hospitalized because of it or even perished with it, made the local, national tv, all over social media and the newspapers, would you think it was over hyped ? Would you shut down society ? Would you ruin millions of lives financially ? I can tell you historically, we never have. So why now ? How can Menards, Walmart, all the grocery stores and Lowes keep operating, without HUGE outbreaks ? Yet pork facilities have them and have to shutdown ? Something is not right and time will prove how politics and ultimately power and money play in. Herd immunity is what will get us through this.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Or the herd gets thinned. coffee

blank

With the normal flu you don’t have hospitals overrun with severely ill patients, some dying because they aren’t receiving the care soon enough or at all. I agree that the initial death rates are not as high as first reported, which is great, but after seeing what Italy, then Spain, then NYC went through, it’s horrible and scary to see. That doesn’t happen with the normal flu.

Yeah I think the flu comparison isn’t really in play anymore, unless you truly believe the numbers are drastically over-inflated. B-man, again, do you have the background to be able to break down the research? When I ask that I mean the background to be able to read a study and Understand the limitations of different kinds of research and then evaluate a study for what it is actually worth? That is a very complicated skill set that includes years of study in statistics and research methods. Again, no offense because I know can’t do it effectively. The antibody tests are a perfect example. Those tests are unproven in their efficacy (an obvious issue) but beyond that their selection criteria had serious flaws (Facebook volunteers for the study). Everybody can think what they want, just my 2 cents

big_g
    Isle, MN

Or the herd gets thinned. coffee

That has been happening for all eternity. The old and the weak are vulnerable and those of us lucky enough to reach old age, will experience it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

When you say the hospitals in NY over run.. did you really see that ? I seen bodies piling up because funerals were not being held as usual because of no large gatherings. I have not seen the over run ICUs and ER’s… can you find some for me ? Quomo asked for 30,000 ventilators, I heard they used about 12 of the thousands they asked for above and beyond what they already had. Just a link to the pictures/video will do.

Not sure if you were talking to me but I never said the hospitals in NY were overrun. I don’t think there is a worldwide conspiracy to make this seem worse than it is though

big_g
    Isle, MN

Not you Blank seen them. Just take this in… who was Trump going after? #1 China… #2 everybody else, allies who were not paying their share of the protection afforded them by the US. Next thing you know, there is a virus, from China and is spread around the globe, primarily cruise ships have out breaks ? Who is the one other World Leader, who liked Trump and Trump liked him …? And who got the virus ? Weird huh.

Deuces

Some of you here have officially taken off your tinfoil hats, and turned them into crack pipes.

Good luck with that.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The FBI was not corrupt either.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I didn’t conspire anything… I only stated facts. Where your mind went, you let it. Tighten down your tinfoil caps. 😜🤣😜

Doug M
    SE SD

I have followed this thread from the beginning and many times started a reply but then delete it. I respect everyone having their own opinion and beliefs. I also question whether information I gather is accurate, but with a 29 year old stepson who is type 1 diabetic, we have taken this pretty serious. He was laid off from work for a couple of weeks but was now called back in. I can tell you he is not as scared for his own well being as his mother is. Not much choice as he needs health ins and a paycheck. We don’t worry about what catching this would do to us, but to what would happen if he caught it. Just curious if there is anyone in a similar situation and how you are coping with the scary situation.

BK, glad to hear you are doing better!

Brad Dimond

Influenza U.S. death totals
    2016-2017 season 61,000
    2017-2018 season 34,200

COVID19 U.S. death totals
    2020 ytd 58,365

Korean War U.S. deaths

Vietnam War U.S. deaths

Influenza and COVID19 deaths are not normalized for contributing factors (other illnesses or complications). COVID19 is not overblown in the media or the public perception.

bioguy

This is a classic example of getting out beyond ones ski tips, i.e. ER doc delving into statistical epidemiology. The entire premise is flawed by his extrapolation of non-randomly sampled test data to a larger, random population. It violates statistics 101. I will fully admit I want data to support re-starting society, but this isn’t it.

As Mark Twain once said, “Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.”

Here’s some science and numbers and stuff from a doctor guy

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe title=”Doctor Says 6 Feet Apart, We Are All Dead #153news” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/wyjtDH__Px4?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

milemark_714

If someone has stage 4 lung cancer and they have Covid19… and they expire, what cause is listed today ?______________

If it had been 4 months ago and they had the flu and expired, then what cause was listed ?______________

First question today will be Covid19,with underlying conditions.
    2nd one probably would be lc.Like what is on my father’s death certificate.Which was incorrect,he had extensive scar tissue from TB.Got a case of pneumonia and ultimately ended with a stroke.

In many cases,I hate doctors which my brother called”ducktors”.In my father’s case,seems like they were throwing wags.My sister looked at the x-rays,and said it was scar tissue and not cancer.But nobody did anything and went ahead with chemo.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I didn’t conspire anything… I only stated facts. Where your mind went, you let it. Tighten down your tinfoil caps. 😜🤣😜

Maybe you haven’t recovered from what you had? Do you still have a fever? rotflol

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hey, I might be steering the boat, but I didn’t make you get on for the ride !!! jester

big_g
    Isle, MN

This is a classic example of getting out beyond ones ski tips, i.e. ER doc delving into statistical epidemiology. The entire premise is flawed by his extrapolation of non-randomly sampled test data to a larger, random population. It violates statistics 101. I will fully admit I want data to support re-starting society, but this isn’t it.

As Mark Twain once said, “Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.”

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>
    Here’s some science and numbers and stuff from a doctor guy

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe title=”Doctor Says 6 Feet Apart, We Are All Dead #153news” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/wyjtDH__Px4?feature=oembed” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

So the “experts” that said 2.2 million deaths in the US, WITH Stay in Place orders and social distancing ??? Your thoughts on that “expert extrapolation” ? smirk

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Some of you here have officially taken off your tinfoil hats, and turned them into crack pipes.

Good luck with that.

LOL! There went the coffee!

PS sorry James.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Well, I lived through it’ is closed to new replies.