WavePro 2.0's -or- Trim Tabs?

• Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

Thinking of doing a couple of WavePro’s in my WX2190…but is this the best bang for my buck for overall ride comfort? Would it make more sense to do a set of 9×9 trim tabs first? Typical water (no particular order) is the St. Croix river, Rainy Lake, Green Bay, Sturgeon Bay, Lake Kabetogama, Lake Mille Lacs.

One obvious point – trim tabs impact the entire boat and the WavePro’s would only impact the driver and front passenger.

Your thoughts and reasons appreciated!

Scott

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Trim Tabs without a doubt. $750 for a seat pedestal seems a little ridiculous…

Also like you stated, trim tabs will impact the entire boat.

Trim tabs reduce water friction, this, in turn, will help your gas mileage and reduce the stress on your motor.

Joejk81

Every boat should have trim tabs no matter what! You can adjust for any condition or weight imbalance. I run Lenco 9×12’s on my 2016 WX2060 and they work outstanding and they were $500 shipped off Amazon. I also added suspension seats this year and they have taken alot of abuse off my back. I don’t think one can possibly take place of the other even though trim tabs will make it ride better in the rough stuff….. Definitely I would do the tabs first and go from there -)

Dustin Tichy

I guess I am going to be that guy and say the opposite. The Wavepros are awesome! I have the wavepros and trim tabs on my new Warrior and I would go without the tabs before the shocks.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Tabs without a doubt. Dustin, I understand why you would say what you did, but being in a 2090 tiller your ride is nearly unfair as compared to most full sized windshield boats.

grizzly
    nebraska

Trim tab make the boat a whole new machine. But the seats are nice

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Gotta say, I just spent a week in a 2190 skeeter with wavepros and no tabs. If the tabs are better I can’t imagine how smooth the ride would be with both. But then again my thought when going from a 2100 to a 2190 was how much nicer can it be? The answer was A LOT!!!

grizzly
    nebraska

What lake were you on? Did you have some good waves

Steve Zamzow
    Des Moines, Iowa

I am looking at trim tabs for my Kingfisher. Would you recommend electric or another type?

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

I am looking at trim tabs for my Kingfisher. Would you recommend electric or another type?

I don’t believe I’ve seen any deep-V fishing rig with anything but electric. Hydraulic seems like more money, more space taken up, more complexity.

I know I’m only considering electric. I’m looking at Lenco, Bennett, and PowrTran.

Scott

Musky Ed

Scott, when looking at tabs, the Lenco’s may be your only choice if you have a kicker, and need to mount one of the actustors inside the kicker motor plate. The reason for this is that when I was putting tabs on my WX2200, the Lenco was the only one that offered the shorter actuator version, and that was needed to get the correct mount height, and clear the kicker. Also as I wanted the 9X12 plates, instead of the Skeeter Lenco 4X12 version, and Lenco did not offer a kit version of the short actuators with the 9X12, I had Lenco give me the part #s needed to end up with the combination I wanted, and the Boat Center installed it. On the 2190 your clearance may be different, and short actuators may not be needed, so I am not sure, but I just thought I would let you know what I went through, as the Bennett actuators wouldnt work for me. Not sure about Power tran’s dimensions. Also if going with the Lenco 9X12 short actuator version instead of the standard 4X12 kit version they offer, it will cost a few dollars more as they dont make a standard prepackaged kit. For me it was worth it. I can post pictures if need be, but not sure how much of a difference there is between a 2190 and a 2200 transom as to the plate mounting. Also if going with 9X12 you will need to make sure your kicker’s running position is set to stop straight down, instead of the tucked in position that they come from the factory. You just need to move the bolt that it bottoms out on one or two holes.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

PowrTran also offers a compact actuator that should work on the 2200. You can get them in a 9×9 or 9×12 or even a 12×12 as well. I needed to use the compact actuator on my 2060 and it was perfect.

The other reason I like there actuators over lenco is the ability to offset the actuator itself because of the ball joint attachement to the tab itself. This way if your kicker is slightly in the way, you can angle your actuator over a few degrees and not have to worry about binding in the travel at all.

I highly recommend checking the PowrTran Pro Tabs out!

grizzly
    nebraska

test drove a warrior with wave pros on LOTW and ordered them the same day, going to sell the smooth moves, already have the trim tabs

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I would go for tabs first. Also consider the limited space Lenco. That is what dad and I run on our 2190’s also what they put on the 2060 and 2200 from the factory.

Gary

I would go for tabs first. Also consider the limited space Lenco. That is what dad and I run on our 2190’s also what they put on the 2060 and 2200 from the factory.

Did you need the short actuator tabs or will the standard actuator tabs fit? I’m going to put the 4X12 on my 2190.

grizzly
    nebraska

My 2190 came with the 9×9 tabs on it

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.