Warrior V198/V208 Muskie Fishing

• sunseteyes

Does anyone on the board have first hand experience casting for Muskie out of these boats?

I’m specifically wondering about deck height/distance out of the water for the figure 8, and the front casting deck size.

I understand they are designed for big water walleye fishing, but their layout looks more set up for casting than any other Warrior windshield boat I’ve seen. I haven’t had a chance to see one in person yet, but may take a look soon.

Thanks for any insight!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

While I am a huge fan of the 198 boat overall, I believe you will find it less than ideal front deck musky floor plan. But certainly usable no doubt…. if your #1 concern is getting to your fishing spots in big water then certainly a possibility.

I think 5 minutes in the boat will best answer your question.

shady5

There goes Dean being honest again…I think he missed the seedy salesman training…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My parents have a Warrior 2090 Tiller and they have tried to muskie fish by casting with it and my Father said it doesn’t work very well. Granted, you might find the V198/V208 better equipped than a 2090 Tiller, but the Warriors are all built pretty similar so they’re all going to sit high off the water.

Now my old man just goes with me in my boat when he wants to muskie fish instead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.