Warrior 2090BT w/250 SHO

• Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I finally had a chance to take the Warrior 2090BT with Yamaha 250SHO out for a spin this weekend. I wanted to get a feel for the Warrior Pro Tiller II steering system as well as to rev up that 250hp tiller.
    First impressions that the 2090 is a long boat. Running 20′ boats with a steering wheel do not seem nearly as long as running the same length boat from the tiller handle, but quickly I felt right back at home in my comfort zone with the big tiller. The boat handled everything very I threw at it very well. From back trolling to running in some wind yesterday the 2090 performed well above my expectations.

The Yamaha 250Sho is phenomenal. Hole shot to top end and everything in between is what a motor should be. Trolling speed forward was right at 3mph, putting Lenco Hydraulic trim tabs down I was able to get down to 2.65mph and putting Vantage down as well got me down to 2.5mph early in the morning with flat calm conditions. I imagine with any wind you should be able to get down to the leadcore desired 2.0-2.3mph while trolling. I didn’t have a bow mount on this boat yet, but I imagine that will help slow down as well. Back trolling in same conditions found me at 1.75mph with the big motor, but with the 36v 101lb Vantage back trolling you can precisely adjust your speeds accordingly to fishing style and conditions.

Top end speed yesterday with the ideal 1′ foot waves in the morning was 58.6mph on a 19p Saltwater II prop turning 6100 RPMS. Full tank of gas, 2 people, 4 batteries, and light fishing gear. Running the Warrior Pro Tiller II steering I was able to make trim adjustments on the fly as well as turning left or right with a touch of a button. Minor turning adjustments do go a long way in turning this boat, so it does take a little time to get acclimated. Mid-range power is incredible, going 40mph and twist the throttle it will set you back in your seat. Cruising speed of anywhere 40-45mph is ideal and felt very comfortable for me.
    Overall its a very fun boat to drive and fish out of. Impressive motor to boot!

SBC is holding a ride/drive event Saturday Oct 1st down on Pool 4 for anyone wishing to test drive this boat or any of the Warrior boats on hand. We will also have 2017 Skeeter’s on hand to drive as well. All Warrior/Skeeter will be matched with Yamaha Outboards.

Event being held at Mr. Sippi Marina more details to follow!

Here is the ride/drive line-up
    SKEETER Warrior
    MX1825 V2090BT
    MX2040 V1898
    WX2060 V203
    WX2190 V208
    WX1910 V21-21

Attachments:
    1. warrior-250-sho.jpg

2. Warrior-Pro-Tiller-II-Steering.jpg

carver
    West Metro

Cal, Any of these boats going to be there have garmin/panoptics installed?

Also trim tabs on the other boats?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

SBC is holding a ride/drive event Saturday Oct 1st down on Pool 4 for anyone wishing to test drive this boat or any of the Warrior boats on hand. We will also have 2017 Skeeter’s on hand to drive as well. All Warrior/Skeeter will be matched with Yamaha Outboards.

Event being held at Mr. Sippi Marina more details to follow!

Here is the ride/drive line-up
    SKEETER Warrior
    MX1825 V2090BT
    MX2040 V1898
    WX2060 V203
    WX2190 V208
    WX1910 V21-21

peace

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Cal, Any of these boats going to be there have garmin/panoptics installed?

Also trim tabs on the other boats?

We will have panoptics on a 2090BT and a 208. All of the wheel boats with the exception of the 1898 will have Lenco trim tabs with LED indicators. The 2090BT will have trim tabs on the 250SHO and can be ordered on the 150SHO and 200 4stroke if desired.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.