Walmart Straight Talk Plans?????

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

While this is an old thread, how are folks doing with their cell phone plans. Is consumer cellular still doing a good job for you? I just bought Moto G 3rd gen phones from Republic but the sound is so weak(sm speaker)that I can’t use them in an Otter Box. Has anyone found something new and cost effective?

I am still with consumer cellular and have had no problems we changed our plan a bit, we have 3 smart phones and share 4 gigs of data, 1500 talk min, and unlimited texting for just under $100 a month before taxes. I live in an area that is not great for a good signal, Verizon was good and I have had no issues with AT & T towers. People that come to my house with Sprint & T Mobile do not get a good signal most of the time. As I said before I love their customer service, when you call it will start out with automation but you can bypass that by hitting 0 about 10 times and you may have to wait on hold for a while but you will get through to a real person and every time I have called they have been very courteous and very helpful, this is the main reason I stay with them, customer service is number one in my book.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I just bought Moto G 3rd gen phones from Republic but the sound is so weak(sm speaker)that I can’t use them in an Otter Box. Has anyone found something new and cost effective?

As for the Otter box this is not just a problem with the Moto G, I know guys with other phones that have the same problem. I have a Moto G 2nd Gen and I do not use a case, an Otter box would be over half the price of a new phone it fits better in my pocket and I can hear and operate it better without an Otter box.

deertracker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    Why did you go back?
    DT

I was never getting the reception that actual Verizon phones were getting when i would be away from larger cities. I was told directly from straight talk and Verizon that Straight talk leases towers from Verizon, but not all of them. So in some areas Verizon is better. When I was on hunting and fishing trips I wanted my phone to work when i needed it.

It came down getting better reception. For others, they might not have that problem. My parents did the same thing. Plus, a good phone was so expensive through them.

When I was looking into ST I had read that because they lease the Verizon towers, real Verizon phones have priority over the signal. Maybe I have just been lucky but I have never had issues so far. I have not been to anywhere that is really off the beaten path though.
    DT

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.