FLW Pool 3 and St Croix this week.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good luck to all of you guys fishing the FLW this week. Weather and river conditions seem to be setting up pretty nice for this event. I would bet there will be some pretty nice bags coming in.

What do you guys think it will take to will this. Im thinking 25#s each day.

Have any of you guys been following the prefishing at “on the water live”? Watched Scott on there for a while the other day. May have to check in today to. Pretty cool stuff going on in the world of tournament fishing.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

Good luck to all of you guys fishing the FLW this week. Weather and river conditions seem to be setting up pretty nice for this event. I would bet there will be some pretty nice bags coming in.

Have any of you guys been following the prefishing at “on the water live”? Watched Scott on there for a while the other day. May have to check in today to. Pretty cool stuff going on in the world of tournament fishing.

do you have a link for that?

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Quote:

I agree with the wieghts you picked Mike. I think 25 lbs a day to make the cuts. It will be interesting to see who ends up on top. Anyone know how many are signed up to fish?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

http://www.onthewaterlive.com
    click on watch live

Here ya go!! Cool stuff.

Thought I heard they are off the water at noon today so there might not be much going on live this afternoon. Watched Scott fill his boat up with gas and then tie up some lines. Exciting stuff.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Quote:

click on watch live

Here ya go!! Cool stuff.

Thought I heard they are off the water at noon today so there might not be much going on live this afternoon. Watched Scott fill his boat up with gas and then tie up some lines. Exciting stuff.

Thats better than watching him and Ritter play pocket pool all day

perch_44

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

click on watch live

Here ya go!! Cool stuff.

Thats better than watching him and Ritter play pocket pool all day

so, the fishing has been good for them is what you’re telling us?

perch_44

jason’s boat just pulled in a tanker!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Heard this while having lunch in my truck.

Quote:

…he believes anglers will have good results trolling lead core with crankbaits as well as slow-trolling a three-way rig tipped with live bait. … he thinks there will be a good number of large fish crossing the weigh-in stage.

“It won’t be predominantly 4- and 5-pounders,” “I think it will be 6-, 7- and 8-pounders and then 2- and 3-pounders.”

I didn’t even know there were walleyes in pool 3!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Lot of walleye even! However, getting a good boat number really helped in this one. The places that typically put out big fish did, just had to wait out the bites. I mainly fished the wing dams and buffalo slough. Lost 4 big ones in buffalo because I couldn’t keep them hooked up in that current. The 30 incher I lost on Friday at the side of the boat with everyone watching REALLY hurt, but that is how it goes.

Congrats to Bill Shimota though, the spot he found was a good one and he had it to himself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.