Pool 2 Report

• tpntp

All I can think after reading the above is……….

Somewhere, on some other board.

” Got the ski’s out today for the first time. Current was just picking up, wind was our worst problem. Oh yeah, lots of early season fishermen out. Boy, did they give us some weird looks! What a great time we had dodging them! Gotta wonder about those slowboys and their odd passion. ”

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

ROTF, LMAO!!!

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

thats classic, and mostly likey, true

davec
    St. Paul MN.

When on pool 2 If you see DNR talk to them, in the past they where radio tracking the fish from the winter hole. They can tell you the percent of fish that are at the dam,what percent went up MN river and percent still in witer hole.In the past the DNR has pointed out where they last tracked the fish and we did very well.It taught me alot about migration.After talking to DNR a couple of times they would approch us and give us info if they had time.The boat was a flat bottom with a 50 horse.A simliar sitiuation a fellow I know was on the rum river [metro area]when the DNR was shocking the wood for walleye counts and invitied him to fish the wood first [using greek cubs and leather backs]to no avail.Then they would shook the wood,the fellow said he could not beleive the amount of fish and the size of the walleyes.This was a great smallmouth fisherman who fished these areas for twenty years and only caught an ocaisional walleye.Talk to these guys when they are not busy they are a wealth of info.

PrescottRob
    Minnesota, Ramsey, St.Paul

Thats a great tip! Might have to pick their brain if I get a chance.
    Rob

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.